• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Need some advice

LovingYou

Karinna and Willow's mom
Reaction score
So tomorrow my mom is having a huge family dinner and it's gonna be:
My mom, brother, his fiancé, their 4 kids, me, my husband, his mom, his dad, his sister, and my sister in laws mom. And theres going to be wine and other alcohols.
Well my OH and I are ttc #2 at the moment and I might be pregnant this month. Well all my family already thinks I'm pregnant lol but even if I am, were keeping it a secret until we know for sure.
How can I avoid drinking alcohol tomorrow night without everyone getting all excited and asking if I'm pregnant? Lol help :winkwink:

We can't wait to test and see if we got a bfp this month, as it's out first month ttc but don't want everyone to get all excited yet because we don't know 100%.

Well..one small glass of wine wouldnt hurt i suppose if your not sure you are pregnant..Could you not make an exscuse and say youve got to be up early the next morning and dont want to be hungover or one of you needs to stay sober for baby?

Or you could go and get yourself a drink..and pretendd your drinking alcohol..ie..if theres vodka or spirits..just get a glass of coke and pretend theres some kind of spirit in it? lol
im not too sure..
i dont personally drink at all really so know one really ever expects me to drink..

I would just say that you plan to stay totally sober because the baby is around. Or just say that normally you would drink, but that karinna is having some sleep regression problems and has been getting up a bit at night and so you'd like to be sober so you're not totally exhausted/drunk in the middle of the night with her!

Lol thanks girls :) I got totally wasted on Christmas and normally wouldn't be a problem if I had a drink because my husband can get up with Karinna in the middle of the night but I really don't feel like risking anything due to me might being pregnant. Better safe than sorry! :)

I had a glass of wine on Xmas found out I was pregnant 3 days later and everything was fine You could a couple sips

Ah so excited! Hopefully you get you bfp me you and brea can all be pregnant together!

i know i knowwwww, i cant wait to test and be preggo. we can all be buddies!

Lol thanks girls :) I got totally wasted on Christmas and normally wouldn't be a problem if I had a drink because my husband can get up with Karinna in the middle of the night but I really don't feel like risking anything due to me might being pregnant. Better safe than sorry! :)

Have I missed something?? :D

Are you still pumping, Lisa? If you are, you could use that as an excuse. Although one glass of wine definitely won't hurt, I have an occasional one since I'm BFing, but it will be fine for you to just have one. Or you could just say you have a headache or something and you don't want to drink because you already feel a bit sick or something! haha! :hugs:

You said they all think you're pregnant, do they know you're TTC? If so just say there's a chance but you're not testing yet so dont want to risk and please dont ask about it. If not, just say you dont feel well! Enjoy the dinner and good luck testing :dust: xxx

You could just say you've got a cold and took dayquil before you came over and don't want to mix the alcohol and medicine, lol.

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"