Need some baby carrier advice for second time mums

bumpbear

First time mama
Reaction score
Hi mums,

I'm due with no.2 in a few weeks and its dawning on me that I will have to do a lot more baby carrying this time around so I can get stuff done.

Last time I used my becco gemini quite a lot, but can't imagine that would be very comfortable for long periods of time. The buckles seem like they'd end up annoying me. I'd like something a bit lighter weight.

I am looking for some recommendations on wrap style carriers suitable from newborn that would allow me to breastfeed on the go and that are also truly handsfree. I'm indian so likely to have a baby under 7lb if averages are anything to go by, but I would like something I can start using right away.

I'd be glad for any tips on which one to go for. I know this sounds really lazy, but I don't have the time or the patience to research everything available on the market!

Hi there! I'm a third time mom and so far I have used a moby wrap for the first 4 months with all my babies. Truly hands free and comfortable. That being said I think any wrap or sling type carrier for the first few month is key. Structured carriers I find uncomfortable until baby is 6+ months and can be carried on my back. Look into having a ring sling made, or buy a moby wrap(I love mine)...they are around $50. As for structured carriers I've used the ergo which I like. I live in Canada so LOTS of hiking in the mountains for us, and the ergo is awesome. I've heard great things about the becco which is similar, and also the Tula! I hope this helps a bit. With multiple children (especially in the first few months) a wrap is best, and most comfortable. Hands free is a must;)

I use a stretchy wrap (similar to Moby) amd also a mei tai. The wrap is comfy and great when they are very tiny. I can BF in the mei tai but not mastered it in the wrap.

I mainly use a ring sling but I also have an Infantino Swift Classic carrier and a Moby wrap. The ring sling is my go-to carrier because it is so easy to get baby in and out safely and securely by myself (I'm still learning to use the Moby without someone helping me).

Also - I would suggest checking out "Baby Wearing International" for more information. They actually have groups you can go to and try on the various types of carriers. I actually found out about ring slings when I met an ambassador somewhere unrelated and they let me try out their ring sling. My son was about 5 weeks old and he LOVED it...so I got my own. As an added bonus they showed me how to use it properly.

I bought a kanga wrap for my lo after seeing it in the hospital after having her. It is good and hands free (once I was have enough to trust it!) the only issue I have is that the material is so long I find it hard to wrap it as there is so much fabric

I love my boba and bough she now weighs 20lbs I still use it most days

I used a moby for the first two months and then switched to the ergo. I love both, the moby is so cosy and secure for baby and also very comfortable for me. The ergo is so easy to get on and off and I also found it very comfortable. Now that he's older if I use it I put him on my back which is lovely.

I really loved my Ring Sling the first few months. It was very comfortable, lightweight, and easy to use. Highly recommend looking into those, and make sure you get a good quality one with good shoulder padding.

Loved the Ergo for when they were older babies.

I would recommend a Moby wrap or other stretchy wrap (there are lots of brands) for a new baby. You may find you like a carrier when your LO is a bit older, but they aren't as comfortable for general wear around the house, particularly if you'll be looking after a toddler too. I found I couldn't comfortably sit for long periods in a carrier or bend over. They just aren't flexible enough. But a stretchy wrap will be comfortable sitting in, feeding in, and will allow you to do things like bend over to pick up a dropped toy or food. We loved ours and used it daily from birth until about 4 months when we switched to a woven wrap, which offered a bit more support, many people use their stretchy wraps for much longer. I just knew I wanted a woven and that's when I happened to buy one as it was more comfortable for me. We'll use the moby again in the beginning next time. It was a lifesaver!

I used a stretchy warp until 3 months then had DD in a Connacta carrier, I have an Oscha wrap too but as lovely as it is I never use it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->