Need some guidance

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by elle9229, May 22, 2019.

1. elle9229

elle9229 New Member

I’m 17 and my boyfriend and I had sex last Wednesday, he pulled out. My expected period day was on Sunday and right now, where I’m from (Qatar) it’s already Thursday, 1 am. I still don’t have my period, and I’m scared. I have a pregnancy test but I don’t know when to take it because it’s only been a week since we had sex and it’s only been 4 days since my expected period. I’m not ready to get pregnant and my parents will kill me. When should I take the pregnancy test for an accurate result?

2. 3boys

3boys Well-Known Member

If Wednesday was the only day of unprotected sex then it’s too early. For an accurate result I would wait two weeks from Wednesday. Your period is not late from that day either you ovulated later and it’s not due yet or your pregnant from sex on a different date. Good luck hun and if you are don’t panic these things have a way of working out x

3. elle9229

elle9229 New Member

That was the only recent sex we had so I’m sure it’s not from before. Is there a possibility that my period’s just late? I’m not really feeling any pregnancy symptoms at the moment.

4. Teanna

Teanna Well-Known Member

It's unlikely you would conceive so close to your period. It could just be late, it really depends on when you ovulated which is impossible to know. I'd wait another week and then test if you still haven't got your period. By then it will be accurate.

5. elle9229

elle9229 New Member

Okay, thank you for the reply :)

6. elle9229

elle9229 New Member

I woke up saw a spot of light brown blood on my underwear. Could this be implantation bleeding or a sign of my period coming??

7. FaithnHope41

FaithnHope41 Expecting Baby #3

It really could be either, more than likely is your period getting ready to start. Regardless, you should be able to test now if your period is late. Good luck sweetie!

8. 3boys

3boys Well-Known Member

Testing now wouldn’t show if she’s pregnant from the night she’s worried. If she ovulated around that time it’s too early yet.

9. mridula

mridula Well-Known Member

It probably must be the start of your period. It's been 10 days since you last posted. What's the update dear?