need some help please

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
i started joshua on baby rice a week or so ago as he was waking loads in the night and he used to be really good.

this is how he used to sleep.
6.30-bottle
7.00-bed
between 3am & 5am- wakes for a bottle
7am ish -ready to get up for the day.

then he started waking loads through the night so put him onto baby rice and he was waking again only at 3am.

the last few nights he has been waking up laods again.

this is how it went last night.

6ish- pure baby rice(1 1/2 teaspoons of dry baby rice with milk) and had a bottle too (5oz)
7ish- bed
11-waked for a bottle,had 4oz. went back to sleep at about 12.
2-woke up and cuddled him back to sleep.
4- had another 4oz of milk
5.30-woke up and came into our bed.
7- up for the day.

im thinking baby rice isnt enough for him.

i dont mind him waking in the night but what he is waking up at the moment is abit too much.

like i said he used to be really good through the night.

any ideas.

this is what he has through the day.

7.00- up for the day
9.00ish- bottle,around 5-6oz
12ish- banana & peach baby rice(1-2 teaspoons of rice with milk) with a botle,takes about 5oz
3ish- bottle,around 5-6oz
6.30ish- pure baby rice(1-2 teaspoons of rice with milk) and about 6oz.
7ish - bed
then wakes when he wakes at night.

oh i forgot to say he is on hungry baby milk.

what can i give him to fill him up?

i also had this problem lately and i dont think its to do with hunger for me at least. I think it has to do with teething. Are you sure he is hungry?

well i think he is teething but he doesnt settle until he has milk.

if he wasnt hungry he wouldnt take milk,woukld he?

a few time last night i had to cuddle him back to sleep but other he wanted milk

It sounds like he is having a growth spurt to me hun
try giving him more than 5/6oz he may go a little longer between feeds then

I wouldn't recomend giving him more rice at the moment as he is still little

ive tried giving him more milk but he wont take it.

maybe if i give him his rice at about 5ish then give him his milk at 6.30ish,he may take more milk.

he may even want a bottle abit later as he has has rice an hour or so before.

to be honest I don't think that giving him more solids will make a difference. you could do it to see what happened but if you've already given him rice and it hasn't worked I don't think it'll matter how much you give him. Also, remember that if you're filling him up with solids he's not going to be getting the nutrients he needs from the formula. We almost fell into the trap of weaning early because I thought Alasdair needed it, but for us, it was just a phase and now we only give him the occassional rusk.

if he wasnt hungry he wouldnt take milk,woukld he?

I thought until recently that this was true but I read that if you put a teat in a babies mouth and wiggle it around, they'll drink anyway. So now, if I think Ally is hungry at a time he isn't usually I try to try everything else before going for the milk. If he's teething he'll probably comfort suck too.

Chloe will drink when she's not hungry.

Chloe is completely uninterested in solids, she'll have a bit of rusk occassionally but thats more down to teething. She had a phase pf waking more and about 3 months and settled back down again, she still only has 5 bottles a day.

Incidentlally, I've found the more she naps during the day the better she sleeps at night

so you think ive started him on solids too early.

HV agreed with me that he is ready for solids.

i tried to give him water but after he has some and falls back to sleep and i put him down he just wakes up again,then i give him milk and he goes down.

when i first started him on solids he slept ok,like he used to only waking up once in the night.
and now hes waking like he did a few days before i started him on solids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->