Need some help...

MammaNelly

Reaction score
OK I'm not really sure where to post this and the last thing I want to do is offend anyone! But here goes...

I currently have a 12 month old baby and to say I had a bad experience with pregnancy is an understatement. I suffered badly with morning sickness all the way through and as a result I was constantly run down,kept picking up bugs,viruses, and infections. Then 3days after I had my healthy baby girl I was admitted back into hospital with septicemia from a deep tissue infection the docs missed while I was preg. I was kept in for over a month,touch and go, while my newborn was at home being cared for by others! Can't explain the sadness of holding your baby while she's crying for someone else's arms because she doesn't know who yo are.

In the following months I was still in bad health and constantly on some form of antibiotic, this meant I couldn't go on the pill and we decided on the morena coil instead. I'm due to have this fitted next month, but disaster has struck! 7days ago we had a condom slip off ( didn't notice till the end) and in a state of sheer panic I went and got MAP. I'm now out of my mind with worry and guilt. What if it doesn't work? And if thats the case, would it harm my unborn baby? So terrified of pregnancy too because of what happened with my first, can't eat or sleep, I just need advice from someone who has had similar experiences. Sorry for the essay!whew!

So I'm going out of my mind here. My temp has been 37 since DPO, I've been having cramps in my stomach and backache, my boobs are really sore which I noticed on my first pregnancy before I even HPT, I'm so nervous.. Also a new baby wouldn't be unwanted just to clarify!that's the part I could get excited about! Its just the pregnancy that makes me nervous. Would love if someone could share experiences, give me advice, anything!

Did you take the morning after pill? And how soon after did you take it? :( Also, during your first pregnancy were you trying morning sickness remedies and such? I can't imagine how horribly scary this is for you right now! Big hugs!

No they gave me something I could take but I wouldn't in case it harmed by baby which is ironic considering the situation I'm now! I took MAP within 12hours but I've been reading lots about how it has no effect if you are already ovulating,which I think I was! I'm so scared, and as I said its not the baby part that worries me its the pregnancy... I just have a feeling that I'm preg, intuition or imagining things idk! Just hope this wouldn't have any damaging effects if I am preg.

Thanks for replying! So nice not to be judged...

There are many natural remedies for morning sickness that may help you cope if it turns out that you are blessed with another baby. I had bad morning sickness but it only lasted a week, but As soon as I started using my bands, I felt a LOT better.

I used these sea sickness bands that are used for morning sickness as well, they have little plastic knobs on the inside that put pressure on a specific spot in your wrist which helps morning sickness. I could NOT believe they actually worked! But they did and I used them until my morning sickness stopped. Also: Keep a bottle of water and a box of crackers by your bed. My morning routine was wake up, put the bands on (i hated wearing them at night), eat a few crackers with sips of water, and lay there for 10 or more minutes before I got up and it helped me SO much. Also, they say ginger is AMAZING for morning sickness. Like ginger tea's and things like that, but I never tried it since I had a remedy that worked for me :)

When do you plan to take a pregnancy test?

Here is a link to the bands I bought. Well, I actually bought mine in Sweden but they were the same brand! :)

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/sea-band-wristband/ID=prod2662944-product

If it turns out I am preg I'll definitely give those a try! Tried ginger and it didn't work for me..I plan to take a test Friday even though it will be only be 13DPO but I can't wait any longer than that. Thanks for the advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->