Need some hope please!!

pink380

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Last year i had a mmc at 13 weeks (baby had died at 8.5 weeks)

I am (going by my lmp 9 weeks) but I knew roughly when I conceived and I would have put myself more between 7/8.

I went for my first scan today, and baby is measuring 6 weeks 6 days and no heartbeat was seen. I have to have my hcg levels done on Friday.

Doctors are trying to calm me saying its still early but I am sure a heartbeat is nearly always detected at 6 weeks OR AM I WRONG!!!.

I have never had one symptom since this pregnancy began, my urine is very yellow, I do get waves of tiredness but that is about it.

I have 2 children 11 and 6 and I never sufferered much with them in the first 12 weeks so having no symptoms never worries me.

Can anyone give me any hope here, I am not convinced things are going to be ok.

It's a scary time, but to tell you the truth, I have read of people who were not able to find their babies' heartbeats until up to nine weeks. I've personally known two people who couldn't see a heartbeat until after 7 weeks and were panicking about it, but it did show up. Don't lose hope, you may very well be just fine!!!

Crossing my fingers for you.

im not 100% sure about this, i had a scan and they said i was somwhere between 5-6weeks, they could only measure sac as nothing else there, i had to go back 2weeks later, at 7weeks 3days there was a heart beat. could ur dates be alittle out? do u have another scan booked? was it a internal scan? my fingers are crossed for you. xx

I don't want to freak you out as i went on to have a m/c, but when i went for a scan they told me that if i get pregnant again they wouldn't see me before 7 weeks to make absolutely sure if there was a heartbeat you could be able to see it.

So i think from what they said under 7 weeks you are not guaranteed to see a heartbeat so best to wait until you are 7 weeks.

Hope that gives you a little peace of mind and i know how you are feeling now.
x

My little one wasnt detected untill i was 7+1. I think it all depends on the baby and also the equipment used at the hospital.
(i had 2 scans at 7+1 because the first doctor said he couldnt see anything and told us he thought my pregnancy had discontinued but i went for a second opinion the same day diff hosp and they picked up baby straight away)
Also all my symptoms dissapeared and i had loads of energy for about 2 weeks.
i wouldnt give up hope untill your 110% sure hun. :hugs:

thinking of you xx

Thank you so much for the quick replies.

I did indeed have an internal scan, my lmp was 28 June and I know the first time I had intercourse after that period was around 20 July. I did a test on 7 August and that is when I got my BFP. Now on 6 August I had 5 little pink pricks of blood on my underwear which got me think implantation. so if you go by all this 6 weeks 6 days sounds about right.

I have prepared myself for the worst and I am actually feeling fine if the outcome is going to be bad. I am just grateful to have had this early internal scan as I had to fight hard for it as they were refusing until I was 13 weeks to do one which is crazy.

Thanks again.

hey there sweetie,

i'm sorry you are going through this, may I ask what the crl was? that can be a big factor. I had a mmc in june, I found out that if the crl is 6mm or over and there is no hb it is not good news. However, some people do say that they don't see heartbeats til 7 or 8 weeks so hope is not lost. my thoughts and prayers are with you xx

hey there sweetie,

i'm sorry you are going through this, may I ask what the crl was? that can be a big factor. I had a mmc in june, I found out that if the crl is 6mm or over and there is no hb it is not good news. However, some people do say that they don't see heartbeats til 7 or 8 weeks so hope is not lost. my thoughts and prayers are with you xx

Blimey I have no idea what the crl was, I dont even know what that means lol.... All I do know is that the 2 doctors that were there did not sound very convinced either???? The consultant kept saying if my HCG rises it could be a viable preagancy but with my last MMC everything kept rising including my belly so I dont think this matters to be honest. I just wish I would bleed, its so much easier than this shit.... (sorry if I have offended anyone with that comment)

Sorry I wasn't a little clearer, the crl is the crown rump length ie the size of the fetus. If you got a scan pic it would say it on there. The wait is absolutely horrible, I had to wait 10 days for confirmation and it is shitty! anyway, good luck x

Sorry I wasn't a little clearer, the crl is the crown rump length ie the size of the fetus. If you got a scan pic it would say it on there. The wait is absolutely horrible, I had to wait 10 days for confirmation and it is shitty! anyway, good luck x

Well I was not even offered a picture, they printed one but shoved it straight into my notes???? I dont think its looking good but I have a little bit of hope reading about 7 weeks detections etc.

At this moment I am just soooooooooooo grateful for the 2 I have and we have always looked at it that way, another one was a bonus so to speak. God help the women out there going through this time after time to get their first, my heart really goes out to them.

we didnt see a HB until 7+5. had 3 scans prior to this and was like you, worried sick that something was wrong and had to have HCG tested. Everything is now fine and bubs is growing and healthy.

Good luck xx

we didnt see a HB until 7+5. had 3 scans prior to this and was like you, worried sick that something was wrong and had to have HCG tested. Everything is now fine and bubs is growing and healthy.

Good luck xx

This gives me great hope, do you mind me asking, the scans prior to getting the heartbeat, where they Internal ones??? Have sat here and worked out all my dates and the 6+5 sounds spot on so I am having a bit of hope still even tho doctors insist on going by your lmp which is ok but a pain if you know when you actually had intercourse that month lol.

I have read non stop on the internet and there is soooooooooooooooooo many stories with the same outcome, finding heartbeats at 7+......... o fingers crossed ladies.

With my 1st I had a scan at 6+2 days (wasn't internal), and as far as I know no heartbeat was found. My Dr. wasn't even concerned. She didn't even mention it to me. I saw it at my next appt 4 weeks later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->