Need some insight from any mums who have breastfed please!

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I had my third LO last year he's just turned 1 :) anyway I breast fed him for 11 months then weaned him off. My period returned on the 4th July (hadn't had one since he was born). I used to have 31-33 day cycles before hand and pretty much always had that even after my other two LOs and ovulated around day 21. I just wanted to know if Ovulation can change because of the breastfeeding? I've had a few unprotected DTD sessions :wacko: two of which were in the last couple of days of my AF and one last night. We do want to have a fourth we weren't thinking of trying yet more the end of the year but if it did happen earlier I'd be happy. Thanks in advance! X

I think it can. My cycles were all over the place for about 6 months after so I definitely ovulated different cycle days each month

Definitely can change. Especially your first few cycles back, they can kind of take a few months to normalize!!

I'm still BFing a little, but my cycle returned about 9 months PP and was all over the place originally. Mostly longer than my norm, though. Now (10 months later) they've calmed way down and are pretty close to what I got before. My most recent stats are 32 days with O on CD18, vs 31 days and O on CD 17 before baby.

My cycles came back around 8 months PP and breastfed until 17 months. My cycles were all over the place, ovulating anywhere from 14-26 days while I was BFing. Once I stopped, they evened out somewhat. I got pregnant the first cycle after on CD16, which is about average for me now. Lost that one, sadly, but had nothing to do with past cycles or breastfeeding or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->