need some opinions please :) UPDATE took an HPT

sippins

Reaction score
I am fairly new to using OPKs. I know I typically have O'd between CD14/15 because of fertile signs and conception those days with previous pregnancies - however...I started seeing a lot of fertile signs early this month - on CD9.

I started testing CD10, and today is CD11 and I still have a moderate amount of EWCM (but not a huge amount like I usually get right before Oing)

Attached are pics of my OPKs taken yesterday and today. To me it looks as if this morning (FMU and 12PM) tests look like the positive ones as compared to the others. Do those look positive to anyone else? or should they be darker than that?

If they are positive, should I expect to O within 12-24 hours?

It kinda sux as DH is out of town until Friday morning :( 2 days from now :(

[IMG]https://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff380/emmore/8fdbd71a-3a93-4022-864c-16bf2d4086f1_zpsaefb9c13.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff380/emmore/333d5624-c718-4eb4-8474-b5893f9389c7_zps58c851e5.jpg[/IMG]

They don't look quite positive to me yet, but it looks like you're about to get your surge. These are mind from this cycle, two of them on CD14 are positive:

Attachments

• OPK3-12.jpg
    OPK3-12.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 29
Well, the first two on your CD11 miiight be positive? It's hard to tell. I've never used that brand before. If they are, you can expect to ovulate within the next 12-48 hours.

Thanks for the response chelsea! So, it looked as though CD11 was positive, but I took 2 more today (CD12). One at 9am and one at 1pm. Both VERY positive. Very dark. No question that they are positives!! So yesterdays weren't. I'll probably take another 2 tests today yet. Hopefully I'll still have a surge happening tomorrow as DH won't be home to BD until tomorrow evening.

Good luck to you!

Ok so I tested again this morning, CD13-SMU. It's definitely positive. That's two days now of positives.

I attached a pic.

I need reassurance though. DH is not home until tonight. I want to know if we're going to be in the window if we BD tonight??!!! I am experiencing my usual O-campiness now.
I know O can happen between 12 and 48 hours from first positive. I think im probably going to O today :(

Our last BD was last Saturday night. CD7.

[IMG]https://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff380/emmore/0dd6b961-7ab8-4f3e-8a4a-de9b233cdad5_zpsf64885b2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff380/emmore/f9a91b1a-cf8f-428c-b6b3-3f60088ebeb9_zps08ac2efb.jpg[/IMG]

Yep CD 12 positive :happydance: dont worry hun, tonight is ideal time to BD, try and do tomorrow aswell and you are in with a good chance! Good luck!

Yep CD 12 positive :happydance: dont worry hun, tonight is ideal time to BD, try and do tomorrow aswell and you are in with a good chance! Good luck!

Thanks!! Do you think today's (CD13) looks positive as well?

Also, my CM is now dried up. Ugh! I'm so discouraged :(

I would count CD 13 as positive too, though its not really important how long your tests stay positive, the only important thing really is that first + test. I had no CM the month i got my BFP, but i did use pre-seed. Even if you cant see the CM it doesnt mean there isnt any. Hope you manage to catch the egg! x

Hey I use those brands I would suggest to keep testing- Take a look at mine since last Monday the 4th and since the 5th they were POS-meaning equal too the control. THurs and Friday got darker than lines. I didnt post all but i just wanted you to see what I mean- I had to use a back up opk from $tree which the results were not equal to the control- it looked like I had a couple more days to go that was on Sunday mid day. I got discouraged . Then on Tuesday of this week I got another darker than control and tested that night with OPK again from $tree and both were very positive than they have been. I have been darker than control since Tues. So My point is - I was feeling like you as well.. dont give up hope- I honestly with this brand would test until you see them go neg- I told another member here the same thing and hers eventually go really pos for 2 days and subsided to neg- :) SO there still may be hope!! ~All my best!!! Hope this helps!

In order last week Monday, tues, thurs, friday and then Tuesday through today all the same color (darker than) regardless of time of day.

Attachments

• 8poh.jpg
    8poh.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2
  • posfeb.jpg
    posfeb.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 0307fmu5min.jpg
    0307fmu5min.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 03083-4minpm.jpg
    03083-4minpm.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
  • tuesam0312.jpg
    tuesam0312.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
Oh - and yes-just pay attention to your body!!! I told the other member that and she's confident that the opk finally coincided with her body when it became darker :)

Thank you for all of your responses everyone!
Jaycrew-interesting pics. I kept testing further today and never did get a test line darker than the control likevyours. mine all remained as dark as. I might continue testing tomorrow just because I'm curious now.

I'm fairly certain today was my O day. I had a lot of cramping, even sciatic pain down my left leg. Now all pain has disappeared. Even my breast pain. My nipples hurt so bad yesterday and this morning (I'm still nursing my DD so it was unbearable for a bit) and that's gone, too.

I think The reason I was still testing after that initial pos, was because I wanted to reassure myself that the surge was still there and that ovulation hadn't quite happened yet. By that I mean-perhaps the egg wasn't released just yet.

In your experience (anyone) does the opk get negative immediately after an egg would be released? I mean, does anyone know? Can the opk be positive at the same time the egg is making its way around?

Still trying to reassure myself! Lol. DH and I did BD tonight, and I used preseed just incase.

Hey I use those brands I would suggest to keep testing- Take a look at mine since last Monday the 4th and since the 5th they were POS-meaning equal too the control. THurs and Friday got darker than lines. I didnt post all but i just wanted you to see what I mean- I had to use a back up opk from $tree which the results were not equal to the control- it looked like I had a couple more days to go that was on Sunday mid day. I got discouraged . Then on Tuesday of this week I got another darker than control and tested that night with OPK again from $tree and both were very positive than they have been. I have been darker than control since Tues. So My point is - I was feeling like you as well.. dont give up hope- I honestly with this brand would test until you see them go neg- I told another member here the same thing and hers eventually go really pos for 2 days and subsided to neg- :) SO there still may be hope!! ~All my best!!! Hope this helps!

In order last week Monday, tues, thurs, friday and then Tuesday through today all the same color (darker than) regardless of time of day.

Jaycrew-you're right!! It got darker! Look at this!

[IMG]https://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff380/emmore/07e03fe2-278f-4538-9c9c-491ecb6b1678_zps8ee86e24.jpg[/IMG]

Ok so maybe I O today then?

An opk can still be + on the day you ovulate or the day after yes.

With my 3 yr old I got a + on Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon but I had ovulated on the Sat

With this baby i got a + on the Sun and Mon and Ovulated on the Mon. HTH x

:dust:

Im happy for you!!! I think you did the right thing by BD'ing!!! Personally I dont know if i will use these strips again- i actually kept using them for the same reason you were to say ok well it will go neg after ov- I was actually trying to put a window on my actual fertile days but im on day 5 of darker than control pos opk which for me is cd 20 today - I think my body is just weird lol-
It just seems as though the true pos with these tests come with a darker than control line??? even though it states a pos opk is a color "SIMILAR" too control or darker than (not the "same" but "SIMILAR too the control) and mind you it states its best to test with FMU. I test at all times of day

BUT ENOUGH on my situation! :) I TRUELY WISH ALL THE BEST FOR YOU!!!!!! :D I'm excited keep us posted!!!! Looks like you Bd'd right on time little lady!!!! ; ) FX'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (happy you didn't think i was nuts in my previous replies and took my advice lol)

:dust:

Im happy for you!!! I think you did the right thing by BD'ing!!! Personally I dont know if i will use these strips again- i actually kept using them for the same reason you were to say ok well it will go neg after ov- I was actually trying to put a window on my actual fertile days but im on day 5 of darker than control pos opk which for me is cd 20 today - I think my body is just weird lol-
It just seems as though the true pos with these tests come with a darker than control line??? even though it states a pos opk is a color "SIMILAR" too control or darker than (not the "same" but "SIMILAR too the control) and mind you it states its best to test with FMU. I test at all times of day

BUT ENOUGH on my situation! :) I TRUELY WISH ALL THE BEST FOR YOU!!!!!! :D I'm excited keep us posted!!!! Looks like you Bd'd right on time little lady!!!! ; ) FX'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (happy you didn't think i was nuts in my previous replies and took my advice lol)

You're funny!
I JUST read your thread about the boatload of positives you've been getting. I am so sorry! so confusing!

I feel like getting a digital smiley face OPK so there aren't any questions. Maybe you should too?

I've now taken 2 OPKs today. and both positive. I'm probably going to stop testing because I'm utterly confused and I can't do much about it anyway.
DH and I aren't the best at TTCing. I'm desperate for my rainbow baby and he doesn't want to try so hard. So - we barely get to BD when the time is right. Sadly, last night was probably our one and only shot this cycle.
(all of our other 3 children + 2 m/c's were conceived with a one time BD, too - so ya never know)

Thank you so much for the fingers crossed for me! I really really appreciate that! FXd for YOU TOO!!!!!
I'm going to be cyber stalking you!

Mine were conceived that way too... I also had a loss in the summer but we have been ntnp plus he works crazy hours because of the work he does so its one if those things that If we have energy for it then great if not then next month Gods will. Usually one good shot is all it takes! No punt intended lol I really do wish the best for u!!! N I will be stalking as well lol ;) it's funny though because when we tried last year before conceiving we dtd on all fertile days n af came the last time we dtd maybe once around ov time sorry I have to tell u this story sorry I'm long winded lol- so yeah we had BBQ on a Sunday n we had a couple of beers n I had some yummy sweet red wine to top my night off after our family left so I'm tipsy. So I wonder off to the bathroom tipsy n say I feel like POAS n I did was about to get up n looked down at test n I said "whaaaaat!" It was crazy I totally didnt expect it n that month we weren't really trying. Just goes to show- just one good shot. N yes I stopped drinking after my bfp. It ended at 11 weeks but everything was fine until then... I put it in Gods hands n thank God my children are happy n healthy.

Ugh c'mon!
Very positive AGAIN, today!
Sooooo annoyed.

Ugh c'mon!
Sooooo annoyed.

Wow! I'm going to dollar tree n put an end to this crap these strips are working my last nerve. Mine was very dark with fmu I'm about to try once more with smu n if its dark I'm getting out my comfy bed n going to dollar store. Lady there thinks I'm nuts because that's all she rings me for lol. Tomorrow I'm calling their company n find out wth is up because it makes no sense.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1
Ugh c'mon!
Sooooo annoyed.

Wow! I'm going to dollar tree n put an end to this crap these strips are working my last nerve. Mine was very dark with fmu I'm about to try once more with smu n if its dark I'm getting out my comfy bed n going to dollar store. Lady there thinks I'm nuts because that's all she rings me for lol. Tomorrow I'm calling their company n find out wth is up because it makes no sense.

I was just about to splurge and get a clear blue digi opk but hey guess what?
MY SURGE IS OVER! Whew!!
You know what? I think today is the day I ovulated after all. I got what looked like positives this morning and afternoon and the most wicked cramps of all days combined. It felt like i Had a giant air bubble caught in my uterus or something.
Then poof it's gone. I feel like a buildup of hormones have been released and its physically relieving. Can't explain. I had a rashy face, I felt bloated...it's like it all magically disappeared in a matter of an hour. Weird.
Took my last opk just now and it's negative. Now my pee was pretty diluted so who knows but I think it would be neg nonetheless.

Good thing DH and I BDd tonight!! Whoot!

How about you? Did you test with dollar tree?

I tested this pm with the Walmart cheapie still pos lol idk having right side pain all day on Friday it was off n on pain. Today has been persistent though. My cervix feels very firm. I guess if I was checking it regularly I would have had more of a clue. N cm has been gone since Friday night. So idk I just know I had to have ov'd based on that plus my boobs always get sore they were sore last week n stopped n today feels like its getting sore a little more again. I think I may not be in luck this month which is fine. I'm just wanting those opks to go neg n this pain to stop lol...

But thank God ur surge stopped! N yes you bd'd!!!! Fx'd. Now u r officially in the 2ww. I'm confused so u'll c me in every forum lmbo!!!! Best wishes to u!!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->