Need someone to talk to about my situation!!

TTCbaby2011

7 boys, 1 girl and 2 angels <3
Reaction score
I turned 5 week on Friday, i went to the restroom that evening and had bright red blood(close to a light period) after a couple of hours it stoped. When i saw the blood i called my OB doctor and told him, he said that there is nothing that he can do(which i understand it earlier in the pregnancy and nothing much can be done). He went on about about my situations that i had with my previous pregnancies which I had bleeding due to subchorionic hematoma and placenta previa. Has soon as I got my bfp he had me start baby aspirin (due to blood clotting disorder) and 200mg of progesterone once a day due to my previous pregnancies. But he has not done no blood test at all to check my hcg levels or my progesterone levels(which is something that I thought he would check!) He has said that I have to wait for a ultrasound until there is a heartbeat (which my first appt is January 6th and if there is a heartbeat then I have to start lovenox shots due to blood clotting disorder). I just don't seem to understand why he still would not do one now (I know you will not see much right now)to help try to figure out where the bleeding is coming from! I have still been having bleeding off and on, during the day it goes to pink, brown, then nothing(and I think that the bleeding is gone)but like this morning I woke up and had red bleeding again. I have had no cramping at all.Another thing I don't know if it would have anything to do with my progesterone levels because I was breastfeeding my 16 month old before the bleeding started. What do you ladies think??? Needed someone to talk to thanks for listening!

All I can say is I would very strongly suggest blood work, not for the sake of preventing a loss, but knowledge moving forward with future pregnancies and any diagnosis. Also, breastfeeding can cause uterine contractions. I actually started labor with my first with nipple stimulation. It releases oxytocin, which is responsible for the contractions. I would consider discontinuing breastfeeding if I had a history of early pregnancy loss or bleeding. I understand how hard it can be. My oldest breastfed until 22 months, but sometimes as mothers we have to make difficult decisions. Ask your doctor what he thinks about that.

...and once hcg reaches 1000-2000 they can see something with a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->