Need to know I'm not the only one...

PAgal

Reaction score
...who is having so much pain in this pregnancy. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has had lower abdominal pains for months, and now at 30 weeks they are almost unbearable sometimes! As soon as I arise in the morning I walk hunched over to the bathroom they are so bad, and all day long they are there. My exercise is just down to walking now, and they get even worse. My doc said no worries (she told me what it was, not round ligaments like I had thought but I forget what she said it was), and that it's okay to exercise through them, so I'm not worried about them. But I just can't imagine 9 more weeks!

My mom didn't have them, none of my friends, no one I know has had this!!

I am totally having lots of pain. I feel like a wimp because Most people I know are fine until about 37 weeks. I am sorry you are going through this but I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I will have times in the day where no matter how much stuff I need to get done I just cant because everytime I move I have pain. I went to labor and delivery because the pain was so bad and they just said it was unusually painful braxton hicks. I feel so useless already. Work has become a real challenge and I am already considering going out on leave early.

I'm almost 34 weeks and I'm very uncomfortable today... it varies though depending on how baby is positioned. Today he is low and kicking my cervix and there is so much pressure I want to cry.

Yesterday I almost forgot I was pregnant!

It's like a yo-yo.

Sleeping is always a problem however.

HUGS:hugs:

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. I don't have adominal pain but I have severe back pain.

I am totally having lots of pain. I feel like a wimp because Most people I know are fine until about 37 weeks. I am sorry you are going through this but I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I will have times in the day where no matter how much stuff I need to get done I just cant because everytime I move I have pain. I went to labor and delivery because the pain was so bad and they just said it was unusually painful braxton hicks. I feel so useless already. Work has become a real challenge and I am already considering going out on leave early.

I wish I could remember what the doc told me my pain is, it was something I wouldn't have expected, not BH either. I felt so great in 2nd tri, so much energy, and now I feel like I am being a big whimp too! I don't want to whine about it because I am stubbornly independent and it's hard for me to admit I am not myself:-( Here's to hoping we get some unexpected relief soon!

I seem to have a fair amount of pain too - I am lucky that I am off of work in 4 weeks (as a teacher). I find the only relief is laying down.

:hugs:

hi there,

i am 28 weeks and i to had very bad lower pains, and also very painful lower back pains, this is my first so every pain i feel i get worried, the doc said it fine its just the bubs position but i to feel like a whimp, somedays i cry cause it hurts that much, i feel like all i do it sit around and try and make the pain dissapear, altho work i am sitting at a deck all day i still feel the pain, i found that the body pillow and sleeping on my side with it under my belly and through my legs really helped with the pain at sleeping time other than that during the day i just try and put it out of my head,

i to cannot wait for the next 12 weeks to go quickly!

I wish I could remember what the doc told me my pain is, it was something I wouldn't have expected, not BH either. I felt so great in 2nd tri, so much energy, and now I feel like I am being a big whimp too! I don't want to whine about it because I am stubbornly independent and it's hard for me to admit I am not myself:-( Here's to hoping we get some unexpected relief soon!

I know, I dont want to seem like a whimp. All these people tell me about how they worked up until the day they gave birth and went for runs and all and I have days where if I get off the couch I will be in pain. Luckily I have had no back pain but geez, I cant imagine another 6 weeks of this. I'm really hoping I will be one of the lucky ones that goes into labor safely at 38 weeks...I just want to see some relief. I still have lots to do setting up for baby so if I could just get a few productive days that would be nice

im the same i have felt pretty painful and heavy since around 3 months :( x

Have you tried a pregnancy support belly? That always seems to help my lower abdominal pain. Baths are good as well as they're soothing and take the pressure off. You also might be entitled to some physiotherapy or massage therapy? Worth checking out anyway. I hope you get some relief soon!

Same here... You are not alone.
Did your dr said it was SPD? I also have all difrent kind of pains, but learned that as long as I dont walk a lot and don't cerry anything (even If they are not too heavy) I am more or less ok with the palvic pains. But I also have back pains (really bad sometimes) and some horrible pressure (as if the baby is trying to escape) in the palvic.

You are not alone. I had huge amounts of abdominal pain, right up until I eventually left work at 33 weeks. I don't think the long commute and being stuck in a chair all day helped, but the pain was dreadful. Mine got so much better after I stopped going to work, so although it has been a bit boring being off work for so long, I know it was the right decision for me. Really hope you feel better soon though. I remember how horrendous the pain I was in was and how people couldn't understand that I was in that much pain, because they didn't get it with their pregnancies. Well, lucky them!

I have heard a lot of women on here mention SPD but never looked it up to see what it is so I am going to do that. The doc said something about bones down there, which didn't sound right but she said it can manifest as pains like mine.

I haven't heard of the support belly band either, I will have to look one up. Although putting anything down there seems painful at the moment!

I am sorry so many are having a painful pregnancy too, but glad to hear I am not the only one. Londonangel, like you said, people just don't understand when they haven't experienced this, so it's almost as if they don't believe you!

It's probably from your pelvis spreading? That's what my doctor told me. I have days where it's a challenge to walk and to get to work I have to climb several flights of stairs. I have found that the two things that truly help me are trips to the chiropractor and swimming several times a week in lieu of other forms of exercise. The swimming is especially good for taking pressure off of my joints and stretching out and aligning my body. I usually find that my pain is almost nonexistent for several days after swimming for just 30 minutes.

You're defnitely not alone, i have been in pain pretty much throughout - all sorts - belly, chest, back, legs. I suffer from CFS anyway, so pregnancy is really taking its toll on my body. I'm getting extremely uncomfortable now, and feeling unbelievably immobile alot of the time. I'm looking forward to my baby being here so i can recover :haha:

:hugs:Hugs! x

no your are not alone... i daily have new problem in pregnancy:(

i am in one room since 8 month now:cry: i cant even walk my legs cramps just go in washroom and when i come back after visiting doctor i just feel so weakness. every night i cry sometime i feel this is happening only to me because my all friends family girls dont have such type of pregnancy they enjoy their pregnancy time but for me :( :(

You are not the only one. I guess I am used to it from years of martial arts and running (that I stopped while pregnant). My body had been constantly beat to s*** that this is no news to me - had broken toes and ribs, constant bruising, muscle, knee and back pain, etc.

I have woken up screaming with leg cramps recently and in the past month, my hips are killing me from sleeping on my sides and not moving naturally while sleeping. My abdomen hurt a lot more in first and second trimester - I think it just gave up at this point. While my belly is measuring to size, it is huge for my body frame and it is a challenge to carry around regardless of what I am doing (even sitting sucks).

I guess I am a bit of a masochist? :)

You are not the only one. I guess I am used to it from years of martial arts and running (that I stopped while pregnant). My body had been constantly beat to s*** that this is no news to me - had broken toes and ribs, constant bruising, muscle, knee and back pain, etc.

I have woken up screaming with leg cramps recently and in the past month, my hips are killing me from sleeping on my sides and not moving naturally while sleeping. My abdomen hurt a lot more in first and second trimester - I think it just gave up at this point. While my belly is measuring to size, it is huge for my body frame and it is a challenge to carry around regardless of what I am doing (even sitting sucks).

I guess I am a bit of a masochi

haha I am the same way, always beating my body up mtn biking, at the gym, or eeven doing projects around my house. Thank gawd I always had an unusually high pain threshold--some women I know would be bedridden if they had the pain I have now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->