• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

need to lose weight advice and help needed please

mumof2girls

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well firstly I have always been ever so slightly overweight.... well I think so but others say not. I hardly put on any weight with my first baby but she was 8 weeks prem anyway but with my 2nd baby I put on loads! Since then its just piled on and I feel totally rubbish about myself. Its got to the point where im so depressed I end up eating more! My hubby is the same although he has been overweight for a few years now. Neither of us smoke or drink and we comfort eat. My mil keeps making awful remarks about his weight and has recently commented on my weight saying how disgusting it is. I cant fit into a size 12 but a 14 is a little too big. I am just so revolted by myself everytime I look in the mirror or im in the shower. I will admit that since having my 2nd baby I have been eating more as a boredom thing when kids are in bed we will eat sort of thing. I also greatly lack motivation.... we will say we will start a diet but then we cant help but buy chocolate and crisps and I keep meaning to go on the wii fit plus and my abdo crunch but never find the time although I seem to have plenty of time to snack! I just need a bit of motivation and encouragement!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! I dont buy rubbish on our big shop I just buy it from the local shop lol. I have a wardrobe full of clothes that im desperate to get into all a size 10-12 I dont really want to be any slimmer than that. I constantly moan to my husband that I have no clothes but I do I just cant fit into any of them and I dont think the solution is new clothes.... its lose weight!! x

At the end of the day, if you want to fit in those nice clothes, bite your tounge and just do it. We all know what healthy eating is, its common sense.
I put on 4 stone in pregnancy through simply the corner shop and chocolate, sweets, ready meals, takeaways etc. I deffo got addicted.

Walk to the corner shop, go in, buy a bottle of water and walk out.
No one can make you pick up sweet stuff, if you do, your letting yourself down.

Swap white bread for brown/wholemeal
white pasta for wholemeal

eat good carbs, jacket potatos and tuna or beans.

Buy 'light' butter and semi skimmed milk

swap creamy sauces for tomato sauces

Its all common sense, think about how good you'll feel when you slip on a size 10/12.

:flower:Set goals, i dont weigh myself, but if you choose to, do it ONCE a week only or youll become obsessed, i choose to do it by pictures. Once a week im taking pictures flab and all, and comparing to see how ive changed in the week.

:flower:Im also doing a food diary. i bought a little notepad, and at the end of the day or when i remember after i eat something i jot it in the pad under the date. The next day if i look at it and its junk foody, i feel really let down, so i try and keep it all good.

:flower:Just for some motivation, i'll type out the last 2 days of my food diary so you get an idea....

21-06-10
bowl of fruit and fibre (1tblspn sugar)
apple
quiche and large salad
(99calorie) milky way chocolate
tomato soup (2 slices wholemeal bread+low fat butter)

22-06-10
1 wholemeal bagel (thin spread of peanut butter)
3large tablespoons onken fat free strawberry yoghurt
mozzerella and tomato salad sandwich (wholemeal bread)
grapes
2 small jacket potatos with tuna(mixed with 1tblspn extra light mayo)

You get the idea, ive been doing it for 9 days, and i feel better in myself already. Drink lots of water ( i drink no added sugar squash)
And satisfy a sweet tooth with milky ways/breakaways as theyre only 99calories.
Or apple dipped in peanut butter stops cravings too.

:blush:PLUS, another thing ive set, is that for every half a stone i loose ( or a certain amount of inches, havnt decided yet) im going to treat myself and buy a nice sexy lingerie set, nice for me, nice for OH, great for motivation:winkwink:

Hope all this helps... :hugs:

Thats fab thanks, some great tips there... I do eat healthy main meals we have been having jacket spuds a lot this week with salads its the snacking I let myself down on but will really try and sort myself out now, your right about me choosing to pick the sweet stuff up. What about exercise what do you do? x

From my situation, until you want to actually 'really' lose that weight it wont happen!

Its taken me fair well to actually get to point i 'really' need to do this, once that kicked in i was away, once start losing getting to 5lbs gone, 10lbs gone, 15lb gone it just drives you more.

Making the first big move and changing your habits is first big milestone!

Its better to eat 5 meals that 3 meals, its better to lower the carb intake in the evening meal, stick more to protein. Best to eat every 2.5/3hrs to keep your body clock ticking & burning the calories.
You need to treat yourself every once in while otherwise it can lend to a binge eating session.
Try cut out fizzy drinks etc, remember juice cals do add up. I only drink water now, it is also helps aid the weightloss.

Good luck!

Thats fab thanks, some great tips there... I do eat healthy main meals we have been having jacket spuds a lot this week with salads its the snacking I let myself down on but will really try and sort myself out now, your right about me choosing to pick the sweet stuff up. What about exercise what do you do? x

Well, im not even 2 weeks after giving birth yet, so personally im just trying to walk everyday but i still hurt!! I have bought a dvd though called 10 minute solutions, browse through all of them, theres millions, i got the belly bum and thigh blaster, which comes with a free resisitance band. I watched it all the way through and i cant wait to start doing it!!

Its got five 10 minute sessions, so anyone can fit one or even two into a day!

Go on Amazon.co.uk, i got it for like 3 quid!!!

Deffinately worth it!!x
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back