Need to moan about swollen foot..again :(

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Well... I couldnt get in to see my doc till next thurs..how useless is that? My feet and ankles are STILL very swollen, but my right is much worse and really hurts! I still can't put my shoe on. It does go down abit after sleep but within half and hour its back! Wasnt too worried to start with but because its come on so suddenly it is concerning me slightly. Is it normal for one foot to swell more than the other? My fingers arent really swollen that i can notice but i reckon my face is slightly puffy (hard to tell with my chubby face lol) I feel ok, but do get some sharp pains every now and again in my tum. But i guess they could mean anything. The worse thing is I left my maternity notes at my mum's and she's gone away for the week so i need to get hold of my midwife's number somehow. God I am useless these days. I just need some advice. x

why was doc not able to see u?

do they not have space for urgent matters?

hope this is not gonna be pre-eclampsia-thing!

my feet are also badly swollen. needed to get a shoe horn to be able to get into my shoes and they are a size bigger than normally already!

my right foot is always more swollen than the left one.

and it goes back during nighttime, but is straight back next day after being up for about half an hour!

it is hurting and recently I get cramps as well!

my fingers are swollen as well and the joints are hurting, expecially in the morning!

the swollen feet I have about the whole third trimester through and so far all my check ups were fine and no pre-eclampsia diagnosed!

symptoms of pre-eclampsia are beside of sudden swelling, rise in blood pressure, protein in the urine, sudden weight gain.

one of my feet is more swollen tha other and as for shoes even my trainees Im hating it!!

My feet got really swollen and sore towards the end. My consultant just told me it was all part of the joys of pregnancy and there was nothing he could do and recommended that I put my feet up.

I put my feet up but it didn't really help the swelling. The only solution there is giving birth. Within a couple of weeks of that they were back to normal and it was lovely to see these skinny little ankles looking up at me! :lol:

I have had very very swollen feet from 18 weeks. I panicked also at first, I went to see my doctor and mentioned it at every midwife appoinment.
Because my blood pressure and my water shows no protein they arent worried about it. Its awful though... Im a size 5 shoe and ive hand to buy a 7 just for my feet to fit in as i hate wearing trainers.

Hope all is well hun XX

Hmm my right calf has suddenly swollen up now also. Left side is fine. :(

my feet swell a little bit at night but nothing that has worried me.

I am getting a bit worreid about the numbness in my left leg tho, its been tehre for a while but i havent thought much of it untill today, its a patch just above my knee about teh size of my hand, its tingleing all the time and i have less feeling there than i do in my other leg, think i will call my midwfie in the week just to check, prob the baby sitting on a nerve tho.

Hope you get some help/advice from your midwife and your doing ok

x

Just rang hospital. MW didnt ask me any questions other than is your blood pressure high at the moment? I was like how the bloody hell do i know??! She said just to keep my feet elevated and rest. Didnt seem concerned at all. She said to wait until thurs when i see my MW to get it checked then...isnt that abit too long!? Would have thought she'd of at least wanted me to pop in to have blood pressure checked, takes 5 mins and would have put my mind at ease. It says in my Pregnancy book to get it checked if swelling is worse in one side, leg becomes painful or swelling comes on all of a sudden..which mine has. Really painful now. :cry: x

Hey again! Decided to see GP as the swellings gettin worse and more painful...She took all my obs. My BP, pulse and temp are all high and i have a little bit of protein in my wee. She said its not really enough to assume pre-eclampsia so I've gotta go to antenatal day unit this afternoon for more urine tests and blood tests. Once they've ruled that out I gonna have a scan to check for a blood clot. :( She also found a heart murmer..but says this can be normal during pregnancy. Will keep you informed when i find out more.. x

is the heart murmer in you or the baby?

Good Luck with your apointment, hope they find out whats wrong

x

Just rang hospital. MW didnt ask me any questions other than is your blood pressure high at the moment? I was like how the bloody hell do i know??! She said just to keep my feet elevated and rest. Didnt seem concerned at all. She said to wait until thurs when i see my MW to get it checked then...isnt that abit too long!? Would have thought she'd of at least wanted me to pop in to have blood pressure checked, takes 5 mins and would have put my mind at ease. It says in my Pregnancy book to get it checked if swelling is worse in one side, leg becomes painful or swelling comes on all of a sudden..which mine has. Really painful now. :cry: x

---thats why i never call them if its during business hours--- instead I just go there as its only 5-10 min from my house and I'd rather get a straight answer of whether I should worry or be seen right away --- if u live close by u should just go and see them instead of callling =---unless of course they dont let u do that--

Hiya, just got out of hosp...They think i may have mild pre-eclampsia so i gota be checked over twice a wk to keep an eye on it..My livers also producin too much bile so i gotta have that checked each week aswel :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->