Need to vent/ feeling proud!

Leanna5813

Reaction score
Had the perfect chance to snap a pic of my son nursing this morning, so I did. And as I've been doing since he was born...I shared it.on facebook to save to his album. Well someone on my friends list wrote some pretty rude.comments about how he should be done nursing since he's a year old and shouldn't he be on a sippy cup already? My husband commented.back trying to defend our rights. I had to get on and defend myself also. I want to share what I posted because I'm pretty proud of what I did. We as breastfeeding women need to be brave and stand up for our right to be unashamed of our bodies! It took me a.long time to have this.kind of courage.

My comment back: (By the way, the only part of my breast visible was a.little.skin. No nipple or anything remotely different then a shot of a woman's cleavage.)
"How long should I breastfeed my baby? The AAP recommends that babies be exclusively breastfed for about the first 6 months of life. This means your baby needs no additional food or fluids unless medically indicated. Babies should continue to breastfee long as is mutually desired by the mother and baby. Breastfeeding shoul your physician for as long as it is the right choice for you and your baby." Quoted from this link. https://www2.aap.org/breastfeeding/faqsBreastfeeding.html

It is recommended to breastfeed at least a year, and beyond if both participants are willing. Which we both are.

Jason has been using a sippy cup since February, drinks water, juice, and recently started cows milk too. He is also practicing using a real cup and is doing well with it.

Its not my fault American culture has made breastfeeding seem shameful and taboo. I personally would much rather see a woman exposing her breast to feed her child on a public site than I would a woman exposing that same breast for the pleasure of others to view as "sexual." Breasts are natural and are part of the female anatomy specifically for the use of feeding your children.

I refuse to conform to the idea that women should be ashamed or embaressed about nursing. If you didn't want to be rude then you were probably better off keeping your opinion to yourself. As you said you dont care about Brents thoughts...well honestly, I could care less about yours as well. If I were worried about offending others I wouldn't of posted this picture of my beautiful son doing the most natural thing a baby could do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->