need your experiences of trying again

nicb26

Reaction score
hi ladies, i am freaking out today! :wacko:

i've been reading that after mc, after a cycle or two your 'normal' levels of fertility will return. I was already worried about this, but i am now convincing myself it is going to take almost a year to conceive again, as that's how long it took the first time.

do you guys think this is true, or is it actually more random than that? Do any of you know people or had experience of it happening more quickly the second time around?

It is true that fertility levels stay relatively higher for a short period following a MC - I was told/read somewhere that it's because your body is already prepared to be in a pregnant state hormonally. As your body returns to 'normal' your hormone levels will go back to normal also. This doesn't necessarily mean that it will take the same amount of time to conceive as the first time - it could be a shorter or longer time. I, personally, think I'll conceive again when the time is right for my body - I can't control it but can have fun trying.

It's normal to freak out - we all do it. Good luck.

:hugs: thanks for replying. i know we are all in the same boat, so sorry for whinging, but i feel like i've been waiting for my baby for sooo long... i cant wait another year or more :cry:

Hi Hun.
I have no experience, i just want to say good luck to you, and I hope you get your Forever Baby soon.
:dust:
xx

Hi i read somewhere that most women are pregnant again after a MC within 6 months....

Not sure how true it is but im holding on to it.

Im freaking out too. for different reasons but TTC after a MC is scary for about a million reasons. But so so worth it in the end.
x

I'm TTCing again now and it took us a bit of time the first time around...it all seems very overwhelming. I am going with the theory that it is more random and we should have a good chance after M/C. TBH when we were "TTCing" the first time it was more lackadaisical and more like just not trying to prevent. Now I'm gungho and timing a bit better so hopefully it will be easier and faster this time around. GOOD LUCK hon! :hug:

thought i'd just bump to see if anyone had anything else to add? thanks guys xx

My first period started at 1st November after my MC and I'm a week late now. I got pregnant fairly quickly but everybody's different. Best of luck to you, I hope you get ur BFP!

Sorry for your loss :(
I was pregnant by a mistake, but we loved it. Unfortunately I had a mmc. Then it took 2 cycle to get pregnant again. As I was quite sure that I'd be pregnant after 1 cycle, but I suppose my body knew better. Just relax and let your body to decide when the right time is. Good luck!

Sorry for ur loss sweetheart. I mc at 6weeks on 1st of this month..and here I am trying again. My bleeding lasted for 1 week and my OBGYN had told me that I cud try as soon as the bleeding stops..I am waiting till ovulation, even though Im not using OPKs, all i do is my BBT chart. But make it a point to BD daily..just to make sure that I dont miss my O day..since its just after a mc..
All the best to u hun :hugs:

I got pregnant two weeks after my MC. I didnt even have a cycle in between. So it obviously doesn't always take a year haha

Sorry for your loss hun.It took me 14 cycles to get my first bfp but sadly I miscarried in March.I had retained tissue from the d&c and bled for 3 months.I conceived again after one cycle and lost the babies in September.I then saw my GP who said new research shows that it's better to try again as soon as the bleeding stops because you are more fertile soon after a miscarriage.I'm currently on my 3rd pregnancy this year which wasn't planned and it doesn't look like it will have a happy ending.Fingers crossed all goes well for you.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->