Needing Advice really frightened !

GLITT22

Reaction score
I was seen at the epu on Friday where they did a scan and could not see anything. I got referred there as I have endometriosis. Clear blue digital saying 1-2 weeks. Anyway apparently way too early to see anything on scan. They did blood tests on Friday and again on Sunday and it had for hcg and midwife said it had only gone up by 20% which is not what they like to see in early pregnancy. Iv had no pain except last Thursday I had period type cramps and iv had no bleeding. I'm terrified it's going to be ectopic iv been getting myself in such a state were iv been gaging because I'm terrified of surgery anyone have anything similar or what I should expect ? Thank you everyone just trying to be as calm as I can xxxd

Hi can't help u with hcg level blood tests as they don't do them here.
If ure getting a 1-2 on CB ure only 3 to 4 weeks pregnant and there's no way they will be able to see anything that early on. I had a scan at 5 weeks with my DD and they cud only see the yolk sac but u won't even see that if ure less than 5 weeks.
It's at 6 weeks when they can see baby and a heartbeat but only with an internal scan.
I've not had any scans yet.

I know how scary it is as I've had 2 chemicals and a MC but the only thing you can do is wait it out and do another digital when ure over 4 weeks and u shud get a 2-3.
Have u been doing the normol line tests as well? Because with the line ones the lines get darker every other day or so.
Hang in there and remember ure v v early so the levels won't be that high yet.

I think it's crazy how early they scan ladies In some places. In the UK unless there's a problem it's 12 weeks. When I was five weeks and 6 days with my son I had a bleed, I went to a private scan and paid £179. There was a black circle and inside in was a line like a grain of rice flickering. If I had gone a few days before I bet there would of been nothing. I hope everything works out ok for you, you must be feeling anxious. I have everything crossed for you. The waiting is hard xx

Hi hun. You would be too early to see anything, ectopic or not unfortunately. Mine wasn’t diagnosed until I had severe pain at 7 weeks along. But my hcg also wasn’t doubling in a timely manner either. I also had what I thought was a period before my BFP, so the lack of bleeding for you is a good sign. Are they going to do a follow up scan? I have everything crossed for you :hugs:

Thanks for your messages. I'm not really sure yet she just said on the phone that my levels had only gone by 20% and they wanted to do another test tomorrow and then if this blood test is the same they will do furthers tests so I'm guessing another scan. It's horrible the waiting I'm not enjoying any of this so far. I don't think iv ever been so stressed. Well I have read online alot of successful stories about low hcg levels so fingers crossed mine goes up tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->