Negative blood with 2nd pregnancy?

MommaBailey

Reaction score
Hi I'm not actually pregnant yet but I didn't know where else to post this where people might know! I have a two year old little boy and we plan on starting to try in January. Anyway I have A- blood and had the rogam (sp?) shot at 28 weeks with my son...he was born and has A- blood as well so I didn't need one after he was born. Since my son was born with negative blood, will I have problems if our next one has positive blood? My husband is A+. I just can only find stuff online about people having problems when their first was born with positive blood, not negative. So I'm wondering if I even have anything to worry about? I'm terrified of the thought of a miscarriage due to my body fighting off the baby!

You'll just get another rhogam shot at 28 weeks. Assuming you're with the same partner, but essentially if the person you conceived with is Rh+ you will need a rhogam shot at every pregnancy 28 weeks bc there's the potential that your baby will have + blood.

Usually though, having a fetus with Rh+ would only be a problem the second time around. If baby no. 1 is Rh- then baby number two would have no problems (though some still administer the shot to be safe) even if RH+, usually it's isn't until the birth that mother and babies blood have potential to come in contact creating the antibodies that would "attack" any subsequent fetus that is Rh+ Resulting in the necessity of the rhogam shot.

Hope that made sense lol.

^wss

I have AB-, and knew my ex was AB+. I had to get the shot in my 28th week, and after DS1 was born, he was tested and results were he had same blood type as me.

This time around I'm with someone different. He has no clue what his blood type is, so to be on the safe side, I had the shot again in my 28th week, and if Pickle is Rh+, they will administer the shot again, even though I don't plan on having any more children after this.

Also they test your anitbodies/antigens while you are pregnant, and there are things they can do if they find any in your blood.

I think the worry is more for when baby is Rh+ than with Rh-. And then just to make sure to get the shot in your 28th week to be on the safe side (or god forbid you have a miscarriage early on for other reasons, you will need to get a shot then too).

You will be fine, and in your case the Rh+ vs Rh- will not cause you to miscarriage. I'm 35 weeks along, and have had no problems in regards to my blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->