Negative bloods but positive hpt experience

mrsb2010

Mummy to a little ladybug
Reaction score
Hi all

Popping over here to ask a quick question.

So I had a miscarriage 14 May. Got a negative test two weeks later.

Tested this weekend and got 10 positive tests (I tried various brands to make sure it wasn’t an evap)

Had bloods yesterday and they said negative and less than 2.

I’m about 8/9dpo.

They couldn’t explain why I have positive tests. I took them in with me to show the nurse who confirmed they were positive!

Any ever had positive hpt but negative bloods and what was your experience?

I’m going back next Monday for more bloods but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience.

Xx

I can't speak to the negative bloods part of it, but I did conceive the pregnancy that resulted in my daughter IMMEDIATELY after a miscarriage. I had unprotected sex exact once 14 days after the MC bleeding started, and had a positive HPT 10 days later, after having negative tests following the MC. I never had blood work done, though.

At only 8-9 dpo it is possible that your levels really ARE 2 (they have to start somewhere), but it is surprising that it would show up on an HPT. As hard as waiting is, it sounds like the blood tests on Monday are likely to give you an answer. In the meantime, you could always try some more tests (maybe 2-3 days apart) to see if they are getting darker. If so, maybe your doctor might repeat the bloods sooner?

Thanks for replying! There’s a high chance we could be pregnant again as we have been trying and didn’t want for a period.

I expected to have some confusion with us not waiting for a cycle but not where I have two different answers haha.

I’ve just ordered some first response online so will do one when it arrives and then another when af is supposed to be due (by ovulation) which is Saturday! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->