Negative feelings/ thoughts

Googiepie

Reaction score
This is my third and I am so anxious this time around. I can't shake negative thoughts that something is or is going to be wrong. All doctors appts and tests have been normal. How do i shake this feeling? :cry:

Oh bless you. I've been feeling quite worrisome over the last week or so too. It's hard. Weirdly, since I've been able to strong feel kicks and movement, I've actually felt more anxious as I'm constantly aware of when baby isn't moving! And I know babies don't move all day and it's nothing to worry about! But I can't help feel anxious until baby moves again!

Honestly, the only thing that works is mind over matter for me! I like the mindfulness ideas of being in control of your own mind and being positive. I take time to remind myself to stop overthinking and distract myself with work, watching TV, seeing friends or playing with my cats! I'm not sure the worry will ever really go away but I get through each day without going too mad :)

I think it's pretty normal. This is my second and I am way more anxious this time, maybe because we know what to expect and are more knowledgable?! I'm much more aware of what can go wrong this time, just by reading articles posted on social media and through friends experiences.
It's awful but try to stay positive. I use milestones (we've just hit 24 weeks) and I have a 4D scan booked in a few weeks time. It breaks up the waiting game and makes me feel like I'm getting reassurance regularly.
I agree with keeping busy!

It's so hard to stop those feelings, but I agree with SonnyH. Just try and distract yourself and think positive thoughts.

I keep having dreams that my baby is born Super early!! Like the first one she was born at 23 weeks or so and now she doesn't make it to third tri. I don't know why. But each day is a victory remember that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->