Negative tests at cd 33 but metallic taste, when should I test again?

vitriolic_vix

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Hope that those of you who chart and things can help me! I haven't been to these forums since I was pregnant with my first and everyone was so nice and supportive. :flower:

I haven't been charting or anything but have been keeping a loose eye on my dates and symptoms with a tracking app.

I came off micronor in May. My cycles since the beginning of the year have been
Jan - 26
Feb-31
March - 33
April - 26
May - 32 - I had surgery at the beginning of May to remove an ovarian cyst .
June - 30
July - 30
August - currency on day 33 with no sign of AF.

I don't know when I ovulate but based loosely around mid cycle of 14 -17 days my husband and I got to work:blush: as we were on holiday and so on ☺️ (Apologies if TMI). That would have been week commencing 17 August.

Starting the following week ( a week before my AF was due so around cycle day 23) I started to get a load of symptoms. My boobs were sore, I started to feel a little nauseous and was getting lots of pms cramps and back ache. Also got the usual chin spots the week before my period.

I wondered whether I ovulated late than I thought because on the 26th ( cycle day 25) I got a shooting pain in my ovary area for a few seconds. It stopped me in my tracks and I bent over to hold myself a little - enough for me to think it unusual and wrote it down. We dtd that night also just in case it was ovulation pain.

Fast forward to today., day 33. I've been feeling off and like my period will come any minute. I woke up in the middle of the night with such bad lower back pain I got up thinking I'd come on but no sign. I'm horribly bloated but my boobs don't feel bigger or anything and my spots are all gone. I've had some tummy cramps but only on and off.

I've taken three tests so far - one on day 28, a first response on 32 and another this afternoon. All negative. Normally i would just think I was going to be really late but this is as you see usual for me.

I've got this awful metallic / sour taste in my mouth. I remember having that last time I was pregnant and I feel a little nauseous. Not enough to stop me eating but I know it's there. I've also had loose stools (sorry!!) for the past few days. Not like diaharrea, but certainly not what I, normally like.. I normally need a little help. (I'm so sorry!)

So how long do I wait for another test? Would charting my temps now help me to see if there are any changes? :shrug:

Any advice ladies? I don't know if the more I'm thinking of it the more I might be delaying my AF. :shrug:

Hi hun
Hard to say since you don't really know when you O'd.
I will say you can implant at latest 12dpo they say...so you would need 2-3 days after that to see a faint line on a good test.
Is that where you think you are at? Or not there just yet?
I would say test until that point before worrying it's anything but preg.

Also see you had a 33 day cycle prev ...

ks for your reply . I tested this morning but it was negative

Perhaps if I ov'd late my period is just late and my going to hold off testing again until Monday and then Wednesday. Bought some cheapies last night

I just have thus funny feeling and the taste is still there..

FX for you! Hopefully you just need a bit more time for your BFP.
Please keep us updated!:dust:

I'm in a very similar boat right now. I am at the very end of CD 35 (the longest cycle by 1 day that I have had since my IUD removal at the beginning of April) and have almost no symptoms of... anything. Breasts are sore EVERY cycle for at least 3-4 days before AF shows up, but I have only slight, occasional twinges here and there. I took a FRER on CD 33 - BFN!

Now I think I'm going to wait until CD 37 -38 and test again if no AF shows. :shrug:

I hate TWW limbo!!

How are things going for you ATM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->