Neighbour put chilli powder on garden - cat deterrent?

Haha the cats are STILL pooing in my garden. My neighbour has moved out, house empty, just wish they'd pooh there!!

I can't stand
1. mice, they get inside our homes
2. mole, they dig holes,
3. groundhogs , they dig holes and literally tore up my vehicle, thank goodness our insurance cover it.
4. birds, perching on our trees or nesting in odd places in our yard and pooping all over our vehicles. Every year a group of bird would cover my vehicle with poos. It is nasty. And a mocking bird used to attack our cat.
6. Chipmunks: dig holes AND make their homes in our rock walls which they make a mess in our driveway.
7. Squirrels...they chewed up our deck and one time poo on my hair...it smellled horrible!
8 rabbits- like all animals dig holes and eat my garden (i can never have a garden here)
9. Deers - like rabbits
10. Snakes.. .they bite!

I take cats any day but the point is...There is always little creatures that annoys you so you still have to put up with them.

I would like to say, maybe different as we live rurally. Cats doing their business outside or near your homes halves the rat/rodent population. Simply by reducing the number of rodents produced by a pregnancy.

I didn't know this. Wow. :thumbup:

We have this problem as well. Me and my neighbour have children that can't play in the front gardens because another neighbours cat keeps pooing in it. And I've sat and watched said cat sit and poo whilst the neighbour that owns the little beggar sat watching it!

I have a shovel that I keep in my bin cupboard that is used solely for picking up the poo and putting in the owners garden. If I wanted to clean up after animals I'd have my own. :sick:

Well, I have just invested in one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXiLKP35_hU

I hope it stops the damn cats shitting all over my garden! Hopefully, they will be so terrified of coming in, they will shit all over their own lawn!

I'm happy to say - This WORKS!!!

Well, I have just invested in one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXiLKP35_hU

I hope it stops the damn cats shitting all over my garden! Hopefully, they will be so terrified of coming in, they will shit all over their own lawn!

I'm happy to say - This WORKS!!!

Damn I wish I had an outside tap!!!

I think its cruel to put anything down as u never know if a cat could have a allergic reaction to whatever is down. It does annoy me if any animal poor on my garden but its life if its not a cat it will be something else

We have 2 cats round here that ive found poop out the back. Thankfully we dont have a garden, its liek a shared drive area, but my fear is of one of the kids standing on it or touching it as it can cause blindness etc.

I'm confused as to how there's 22 pages of discussion about cleaning up cat poo - and not flowerbeds bring damaged by digging cats. Cats instinctively bury their poo - they dig a hole, do their business and cover it over. Are you sure all this poo is coming from cats and not wildlife?

I don't own a cat (had cats before I left home) but on the whole I don't worry about cat poop in the garden.There's quite a few cats in our neighbourhood so I frequently see them in the garden but never find their poo. But when I was pregnant I did stop gardening because I was worried about toxoplasmosis, it didn't make me pissed off at the neighbours though. Short of a massive cull and extinction of the species there aren't many solutions - cats aren't inclined to be trained like dogs. The only ones you can guarantee won't poo outside your property are indoor cats - making all cats indoor ones would mean breeding the species to change. And you'll still have fox poo, badger poo, bird poo, mice and rat populations would rise etc etc.

I get it being an issue when a neighbour has a cat that scratches up your car bonnet or keeps jumping in your open window in summer etc - that should be raised as an issue with your neighbour and it should be their responsibility to address, the answer shouldn't be "cats will be cats". But as for poo, that can't be controlled unless the cat remains indoors - even cats trained to use the litter box probably still do it off their property sometimes.

Believe me, cats think they do an excellent job at covering their poo...but they always miss. I had over seven wild cats in the rural where I grew up ....i seen them try to cover it but you know...they are just not good at it.

plus you can tell what animal by their poo, it seem. I can always tell a dog's vs. A cat's ....and a rabbit's (pebble like) and a cow' s (big pile)

Not all cats bury their poo, my lawn was covered in cat poo and I know it's cats because I saw them do it. I've seen numerous different cats doing their business on my lawn.

I don't have this problem any more as I've moved house. I found out the other day that my old neighbours other cat has now been run over and killed. That's 2 cats they've had that died after being run over. This cat didn't poo on my garden she was the one who liked to rip the animals to bits on my lawn :haha: Wasn't nice to see but me and the kids liked her, she was always lounging around under the tree in my front lawn.

Oh and the issue I have in the new house is dog poo on the pavement. Equally as disgusting, if not more so because the owners must be stood there watching them do it! I had a dog and I never failed to pick up after him, in fact he was trained to do his business in our garden and very rarely went whilst out on a walk.

Outside the school gates is absolutely covered with dog poo, people bring their dogs on the school run and then don't pick up after them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->