Neighbour put chilli powder on garden - cat deterrent?

Or even better if you're aware that you can't keep cats in make a choice not to have one

and net my garden? we aren't allowed 6ft fences around here, we arent allowed to cover our gardens.

Maybe its because most houses have cats that no one is that bothered round her.

ETA ... yeah i will follow my cat around all day long with my bump and oliver tagging along. and ill climb the fences and walls she does up maybe go up a few trees

Putting cleaning products and poison down is wrong IMO but you just don't know how far these people have been pushed... It's unfair on everyone and the cats but what's the answer

Putting cleaning products and poison down is wrong IMO but you just don't know how far these people have been pushed... It's unfair on everyone and the cats but what's the answer

My cat is the "newest" cat on the block so she certainly isn't the one who has been attacking people for over a year round here. :flower: thats the big cat next door who hissed at me for being in the garden.

Or even better if you're aware that you can't keep cats in make a choice not to have one

that would then leave literally thousands of cats over the country with no home and nobody to look after them. Its not always up to the owner to keep them in most rescue centres require you to have a garden so you can let the cat outside. there would have to be a mass cull if suddenly everyone who had an outdoor cat decided to get rid of it because it wasnt able to stay inside all the time

Sorry if I came across harsh earlier ive got awful pmt, but I really do feel sorry for the people who have to keep their children out of gardens and some of the people posting with cats seem to not really care. My girls can't play in my mums garden because next door have eight cats, you can't even keep a window open or their in. Just seems unfair

I never suggested a mass cull, but I don't think people should get one with the attitude of nit training, therefore allowing it out messing everywhere. Only have one if you're going o dedicate time to training, or keeping it in

Sorry if I came across harsh earlier ive got awful pmt, but I really do feel sorry for the people who have to keep their children out of gardens and some of the people posting with cats seem to not really care. My girls can't play in my mums garden because next door have eight cats, you can't even keep a window open or their in. Just seems unfair

I can understand why you would get annoyed, as I said I am fecked off with next doors cat pooing in Olivers "digging" box, I have to clean it up. She stands and watches.

If I saw my cat do it I would clean it up simple.

I know people don't agree with cats roaming but I think most agree (even cat owners) that cat poo isn't nice.

Neither is my cat attacking my carpet either :haha:

that takes me back to my point how do you train a cat when its outside and wandering miles and miles under hedges etc? if you put it on a lead to go outside which i have tried with the 2 cats i had they did not use the toilet outside EVER no matter how long i had them out and keeping them on the lead didnt allow them the freedom they wanted to run and jump etc so they still wanted to destroy my house which i couldnt afford to refurnish every couple of months. there is no perfect solution to this one but following a cat around all day to look for it messing is not realistic nobody had a full day to dedicate to following a cat and im pretty sure people would not be happy at strangers tramping through their gardens looking for a cat either :/

that takes me back to my point how do you train a cat when its outside and wandering miles and miles under hedges etc? if you put it on a lead to go outside which i have tried with the 2 cats i had they did not use the toilet outside EVER no matter how long i had them out and keeping them on the lead didnt allow them the freedom they wanted to run and jump etc so they still wanted to destroy my house which i couldnt afford to refurnish every couple of months. there is perfect solution to this one but following a cat around all day to look for it messing is not realistic nobody had a full day to dedicate to following a cat and im pretty sure people would not be happy at strangers tramping through their gardens looking for a cat either :/

Or hanging out their trees :blush:

This is the 'problem' with cats that a lot of people don't/won't understand. Yes they are (partially) domestic but it completely depends on the personality of the cat. You can try all you want to train it but some want to be outdoors most of the time.

I had 3 at one point. One used to roam when younger and hunt. As she's got older she doesn't leave the garden (can no longer jump the fence) so uses my garden but often comes indoors to use the litter tray (i HATE the word sh!tbox). My middle cat (who died last year) never roamed and would come inside to use the litter tray. The youngest cat also won't leave the garden as she's petrified so also uses a litter tray.

Our neighbours cats are often in my garden. Everytime this happens, my youngest cat gets scared and pees on something, usually an item of my clothing. The cats are in my garden most days so you can imagine how many things get peed on. I don't get angry at the neighbours cats (wish mine would tell me what the issue is!), they are being cats. I don't get angry with the neighbours either.

Cat's aren't dogs. You can't train them like dogs. The comparison just doesn't work.

It's a bit different if no one has voiced their concern though, I know exactly which cats lived where and I have asked my neighbours very politely to try and deter their cats from other gardens & keep their poo on their own property.

These owners just couldn't care less, unfortunately most of them look like THEY should be deflead and wormed, never mind the cats, so I highly doubt they take good car of there cats.

Door gets open in the morning, cat booted out, door open after dark.

I'm going to be getting fence prikka spikes for all round the vacinity of my property. They will be going on every fence panel, the wall and my gate. Sure that will give them a fright when they try to get back in my garden. Everywhere else is blocked off.

did you see the plant I posted nearer the beginning?

TBH we are the people who are up and down every 5 minutes because the cat is in and out like a yoyo :rofl:

It's a bit different if no one has voiced their concern though, I know exactly which cats lived where and I have asked my neighbours very politely to try and deter their cats from other gardens & keep their poo on their own property.

These owners just couldn't care less, unfortunately most of them look like THEY should be deflead and wormed, never mind the cats, so I highly doubt they take good car of there cats.

I'm going to be getting fence prikka spikes for all round the vacinity of my property. They will be going on every fence panel, the wall and my gate. Sure that will give them a fright when they try to get back in my garden. Everywhere else is blocked off.

This was going to be our last resort option before we decided to move :haha:
Im sure our next door neighbour would have been very annoyed, but imo she was NOT a responsible owner. Some days she wasnt even home. I know she didnt have a cat flap because id often here her shouting outside "*cats name* come in our your gonna have to stay outside all night" and when it didnt come back at her call, she shut the door, and then id wake up the next morning to lovely poo in my garden again :dohh:

This was going to be our last resort option before we decided to move :haha:
Im sure our next door neighbour would have been very annoyed, but imo she was NOT a responsible owner. Some days she wasnt even home. I know she didnt have a cat flap because id often here her shouting outside "*cats name* come in our your gonna have to stay outside all night" and when it didnt come back at her call, she shut the door, and then id wake up the next morning to lovely poo in my garden again :dohh:

See our cat wouldn't come in last night - we dont have a cat flap but she normally comes in to sleep as well go out or just bangs on the door - anyway I made OH stand out side for 30 minutes to get her in :coffee: She came in when I opened the bedroom window and called her :haha:

Yeah saw the plant I've got my eye open for it - haven't seen it yet but it's got crap reviews.

Yeah saw the plant I've got my eye open for it - haven't seen it yet but it's got crap reviews.

I didn't see the reviews :blush:

I was just talking to my dad, and he told me he used put crushed garlic in my nans garden?

I hope the spikes work for you, Most animals would see them and just not attempt it anyway. Our neighbour has spiked fence panels and squiggles goes under them

There's no room under in my garden, just come over the top. Will get something that's been approved obviously, RSPB recommend spikes so I'm happy with that ! Hopefully the little blighted will buggar off.....7 new shits this morning, now all wet because of the rain so no chance me getting them up ! Grrr

My mum has four cats, and she had barbed wire on her back fence.. Not because of cats, but because of foxes as she has allotments behind her. Her cats simply walk casually around the barbed wire, haha!

Isn't barbed wire illegal? And these spikes cover the whole of the top of the fence, with 3 spikes each row separated by about 1cm. I'd like to see a cat try get round that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->