Neighbours dog pooing on our front yard - I need ideas on how to handle this!

sandilion

Reaction score
So since we moved in to our house 3 years ago, the lady that lives across thew road from us seemed to take a disliking to us, or maybe just me - who knows, who cares! But anyways I would constantly find dog poo on our front lawn and had no idea who's dog it was, but it would annoy me. Long story short - I eventually caught the bitchy woman from over the road sitting at the end of our drive way, while her dog roamed our front lawn and was pissing on one of our posts at our front door. I managed to catch her back then as i was on mat leave.

So when i saw that happening i stormed out, i didn't yell at her but i walked over and asked her to please stop using our front lawn as a toilet for her dog as I have found countless dog poos, and also don't want my front door area reeking of urine! My dogs remain out the back, so i knew it was all her.

She didn't have much to say, but acted all shocked that I confronted her, she quickly called her dog (which is very untrained and disobedient) And after several awkward minutes i had to ask her to just grab her dog, and take it off my property. Yes i was very assertive, but i was feeling very offended by the whole thing.

The only other time i have ever spoken to her was when we first moved in and her dog ran over to our property for the first time, and when she came over to get it - i was friendly, said hello - but she ignored me, and got her dog and walked away. Every since then she has had her dog roaming our yard and doing its business. Id say daily with the amounts of shit I have found.

Now.... there was several months of no more shit on the lawn after i caught her. But its started up again now! I found some poo a couple weeks ago, and it made me so angry I wanted to storm over and throw it at her car or something. But DH talked me out of it and said "we don't know its them again until we catch them in the act"

My mother visited me the other day, and when she came inside she stepped in FRESH dog poo and walked it all through my house!! So that dog had been there that day and again took a poo. I was enraged! But told not to say anything as we dont know its them for sure again ... even though the poo is the same size as all the previous poos! And would match a dog of that womans dogs size!!

I know its them! I KNOW it. But is it true i cant confront them unless i catch them out AGAIN? She is clearly being very very sneaky about it now....

What would you do? DH and I have decided this year we're going to get a big fence put up. But until then i don't feel i should just sit back and let this cow use our front yard as a dog toilet.

I feel like putting the shit in their letter box as a message to quit it.

Sorry this is so long.

I had the same issue at a place that I stayed. I collected it for a few week, let it stew in a packet and emptied it on the persons door step.

And if that doesn't stop it letterbox

Nothing annoys me much more than people letting their dogs foul without clearing it up

I had the same issue at a place that I stayed. I collected it for a few week, let it stew in a packet and emptied it on the persons door step.

Hahahaha! Nice! Did they say anything? Did you do it at night time or during the day and didn't care about being seen? I am thinking if i do it and get caught they're gonna run out and deny it was them and we'll get into a massive argument. :wacko:

I do like that idea though.... collecting it. Then dumping it on their lawn. LOL gold.

You have my sympathy, I caught someone letting their dog do their business on our lawn and he wasn't happy after I held onto his dog until he cleared it up.

Round here dog mess is a huge problem, there's some who let their dog mess outside school and nursery gates. Honestly, what type of sick person does that!?

Do you have dog wardens you can report it to? Although I would seriously be inclined to collect it up and dump it back in her garden.

I don't know if i can report it to anyone.... maybe the council? as their dog is technically 'roaming' for this to be happening....

I dunno though, the council here is pretty crap. I think i might have to just handle it myself until we get a fence up. Def gonna collect it up and dump it on their yard. In in the mean time I hope to god i catch her again/and her dog again. Its not gonna be pretty if/when I do. Ill most likely yell the crap through her, pick up the shit and throw it at her. LOL! I am seriously that fed up with the horrid people surrounding our house that I will fire up.

Wow that would seriously piss me off.im not one to let things go just like you and I would TOTALLY do the letterbox/saving a bag up for her porch.

I would put a camera clearly visible in your window, perhaps comment loudly to your OH next time she's outside that you hope the camera catches whoever it is, so she definitely knows it's there. No need to have the camera on, it might deter her anyway.

i would just collect it and dump it on her door step. :haha:

I had a problem with my cars doing there business on someone elses garden. You can actually contact the police over it

Sit out and watch with the hose where she can't see and spray her with it like you would a bad dog. ;)

You could contact the dog warden/council? Or even the police - this counts as anti social behaviour at the very least, I suspect.

Though I do love HBGirl's suggestion more!

I would probably collect it and put it on her doorstep.

I've not read all the thread but I would set up a camera (videoing your property only) and when you see the dog shitting there report it to the local dog warden. There must be some law about it, especially as the dog is obviously allowed to roam in a public area without a collar and lead.

Sit out and watch with the hose where she can't see and spray her with it like you would a bad dog. ;)

You could set up a sprinkler that just sprays your garden but will get her dog/her feet if she stands on your drive/lawn, then watch until she's there and turn on the tap. Water won't harm the dog but it should shock them both and make her think twice about coming back. You're allowed to water your own garden and shouldn't have to check nobody is trespassing/shitting before you do so.

can you get a dog trap put in, tell council its a stray, then if her dog gets nosey and follows the bait it will get caught....

Lots of good ideas here!

I just can't get over why she does this... so unnecessarily rude. The lazy cow never walks the dog, just opens her front door and lets it run over to our house. Im def gonna collect it all up until i come up with another plan, and ill dump it in her letter box. I hope to god i catch her though, nasty woman needs a good blasting!

Lots of good ideas here!

I just can't get over why she does this... so unnecessarily rude. The lazy cow never walks the dog, just opens her front door and lets it run over to our house. Im def gonna collect it all up until i come up with another plan, and ill dump it in her letter box. I hope to god i catch her though, nasty woman needs a good blasting!

Might be worth a call to the RSPCA or your equivalent dog rescue? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->