Nervous for ultrasound on 7/21!

bombshellmom

Momma of 2 DD'S and expecting DS in April!
Reaction score
I will be almost 5 weeks by then I think, according to my lmp. Which could be wrong because I think I O'd early, but does anyone know if they will be able to see anything at even 4 weeks? I just don't want to be freaked out if they can't find anything because it's still too early. With DD I didn't have any ultrasounds until much later.

Five weeks is awfully early for a first ultrasound. It's possible they'll be able to see a gestational sac, but a LOT of women don't see more than that that early and it can cause unnecessary stress. Take it from me, I was one of them. Saw only a very small gestational sac at 5 weeks and finally saw the yolk sac at 6 weeks, but I worried that entire week. Just be prepared, if you only see a gestational sac, don't panic. :hugs:

Five weeks is awfully early for a first ultrasound. It's possible they'll be able to see a gestational sac, but a LOT of women don't see more than that that early and it can cause unnecessary stress. Take it from me, I was one of them. Saw only a very small gestational sac at 5 weeks and finally saw the yolk sac at 6 weeks, but I worried that entire week. Just be prepared, if you only see a gestational sac, don't panic. :hugs:

Thanks! I know I'll freak myself out lol I wanted to wait until at least 6 weeks but my doctor wants to have an ultrasound done so that we can see how far I am because of being on the pill!

Ahh, that makes sense. I wondered why a doc would schedule one so soon. I hope you're pleasantly surprised and see more than you expect to. :thumbup:

With my DD I had an u/s at 4 weeks b/c I had had 2 previous losses and we saw a sack via an abdominal scan but, I was not expecting to see anything.

This time I will have a scan today at 4w6d and will again not expect to see anything but be pleasantly surprised if I do.

yesterday I was 4w4d and my OB said if he did an ultrasound I would only worry because I would see nothing as it is too early. They scheduled me for 8/5 for an early scan that should put me at 7w4d but i am NERVOUS as HECK! and it feels like that day is going to take 5 years to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->