Nervous! Hate waiting! Newbie

Ilovebabydust

Reaction score
Hi!
So found out I was pregnant with 5th child (8th pregnancy, missed miscarriage '08, early miscarriage July '14, chemical pregnancy September '14) A day before dates would make me 4 weeks with a big bold line which never happens early for me.

By dates I'll be 5+5 now.

Had a scan at 5 weeks which showed what looked like 2 gestational sacs but the sonographer just said she couldn't tell yet what they were and noted them down as fluid areas. Also found an area which looked to her like a small haemorrhage and then another area in my left ovary which could have been the same...? The haemorrhage part I'm not too worried about as I had that with baby no3 until 14 weeks.
They said they'd need to keep an eye out for ectopic.
HCG blood levels at 5weeks were 916.
They wouldn't tell me anything specific so I said 'so really it could be ectopic, chemical or twins?' To which they agreed.

HCG blood levels at 5+2 were more than double at 2224, so I've got a scan for 6+1.

I've really come around to the idea of twins, but I'm sooooo scared they might not turn into anything what with having had a chemical before and from reading about vanishing twin syndrome etc.

I have read that Twins don't usually show up properly until around 6 weeks though too.

I'm just so anxious about this pregnancy so wondering if anyone has any experience with anything like this? Just feel like the hospital is trying to fob me off by not giving me any info.

Is it a good sign that my levels more than doubled in 48 hours?

Obviously I'm aware there might not be 2 and I'd be more than happy with just the 1 but it would be amazing to have 2.

Thanks for reading xx

I would say your hcg doubling is a great sign. U/s are very tricky before 8 weeks (for myself ) because u can't see much and I hate all the guessing and mystery. Twins would be very exciting though! Keep us posted! Fx

Thank you!
So they don't show up early for you either then?
With dd1, she showed up as a tiny blob at 4 weeks so I sort of assumed it would happen again until I saw what looked like 2 sacs so thought about how they may not show up early because they're usually smaller anyway?
Earliest scans I had with my others was about 7/8 weeks so could just be the same for me anyway but I wouldn't know otherwise xx

Well I have had one very early scan with my 1st son and I believe it showed. I remember it being like a dot on the picture. But from experience now I just know I hate guessing and unclear answers so I can't even bother before a certain time. I wanna see a heartbeat lol!

Yeah I know what you mean! I kind of wish I hadn't seen anything last week and just waited a few more weeks but had to be checked anyway so hey ho.
Think I might have a mini breakdown if I can't see anything on the scan on Tuesday too lolxx

Oh gosh...I'm sure u will! Xx

Good luck for your scan Hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"