Nervous!! Low amh/37/started ivf stimming yesterday

WantingAChild

Reaction score
Hey ladies! Here is my information"

Me- 37 yr. old, never been pregnant, stage 2 endometriosis, AMH 0.3, FSH 10.3
Hubby- 40 Yr. old, no children, SA normal

Our RE has given us little hope (5% chance) of conceiving due to my AMH being so low. He has agreed to go ahead with our first IVF (we have had 4 failed IUI's). For the IUI's, I used Clomid and Follistim. I ovulated 4-5 eggs each time which he says makes me a poor responder??? I thought that was a good number of eggs?! Anyway...on to this cycle.

I have had a cyst since our last IUI in January. So every month since we have been told we have to put off the IVF until the cyst cleared. This month (yesterday) we found that the cyst was still there, but now only measured 14mm. Nurse drew blood and called yesterday afternoon saying we were cleared to start stims. My estrogen level was 33 (on cycle day 2), so they determined the cyst was not producing estrogen. Here is my protocol for IVF:

Morning:
20 units of microdose Lupron (apparently bc of my low amh?)
150 units of Menopur
1 mg. Doxycycline
1 baby aspirin

Evening:
300 units Follistim
100 mg. Doxycyline
1 prenatal vitamin
0.5 mg Dexamethasone

Does this seem like a good protocol for low AMH? I am so nervous about the whole process. I am not sure what to expect...we have waited so long to finally get the go ahead for IVF. I am trying not to get my hopes us given the poor prognosis from my RE. I am just confused as to why I might not respond well to these meds when I thought I had responded well for the IUI's.

Anyway....any advice you ladies could give me would be SO appreciated! Also, if there are any other Low AMH ladies out there I would love to hear about your experience and/or protocol.

Thanks ladies! Baby dust to all of you!

I am 39 and my fsh was (10.3, then 8.9) and amh was (0.43 and then 0.39).
I too was given only a 5% chance with ivf using my own eggs.
I went for it anyway against the odds and just completed a "mini" ivf cycle due to my age and low amh they said mini ivf is the way to go to get a small number of follicles but of better quality.
My protocol did not call for any deregulation because I was already deregulated naturally. I only did clomid for 5 days, then gonal f to stim for 5 nights and ganirelix to prevent ovulation for 6 nights, the hcg shot and that was it aside from baby aspirin and estrogen supplement (for thin lining). They said the clinic discontinued using dexamethasone the week before and that their protocols change constantly according to studies.
They said the most eggs I will ever get is 3 or 4. There were 4 eggs on US, they retrieved 3 and 2 fertilized. I am in the 2WW now.
I don't know about your protocol. You can look it up on the internet. At some point you have to trust the clinic.
I do suggest looking at your lab results though. I noticed that after my last cancelled cycle that my tsh had doubled and the clinic didn't call to inform me and then I read up on tsh and pregnancy, so they put me on synthroid.
Just keep a close eye on what's going on. Ask questions. Write the questions down so that when your on the phone with them you don't forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->