Nesting/Planning/CLOTHES BUYING?

mcwhmm

Reaction score
I've so far been very good at buying clothes. I have gotten 3 nb sleepers, 2 nb outfits, 3 3 month sleepers, 1 3 month outfit, and two 6 month outfits. All of this I got on sale.

Welllll... this weekend I went through a crazy nesting spree! I organized 2 out of my 4 large closets, got DD a dresser, threw out my old dresser, organized all kinds of things.. I was going crazy! I also have plans on what I am going to do with my weekends (when we have the most free time) to get things done.

I went into a mini panic mode when I realized that we only have about 8-9 weekends until baby will be here and this weekend is DH's son's birthday, then valentines day, then maternity pictures and my friends due date, then ONE free weekend, then DD's birthday, then only 4 (or so) weekends until baby!

By the end of this month we plan on having the crib up and everything set. That way, we can enjoy DD's birthday and spend time with her and with each other before baby without worrying or planning anything else.

Anyways..:)

I've been holding off on buying a whole lot of clothes as I mentioned.. But I'm struggling today! Lol. I got on Carter's website... and HOLY ADORABLE NEW ARRIVALS! Tons and TONS of cute clothes for spring/summer babies! Everything is 40% off now, plus, I have a 25% off coupon.. I want to just go crazy and buy things!! It's just so hard to know sizes and even harder to hold off! Lol

DD was in NB for a month and a half almost 2 months (born 7.5) so then the clothes that we had in 3 months were the wrong season. I'm thinking of buying a mix of 3 months and 6 months clothes for summer for baby.. but I'm then worried the the 6 months clothes will be too big even by the end of the summer. Babies due in April and summer weather USUALLY hits about May/June. Looking back at pics from last year, DD was in summer clothes by the End of May. By then, baby would be less than 2 months old still. DD wasn't in 6 months clothes until she was a little over 6 months..

SORRY I'm rambling.. Like Always :p

My DS was born April 21. He was a big baby! 8.2lbs! But he was still in 3/3-6 clothes ALL summer! And he was always on the chunkier side! So def wouldn't buy any 6 months for summer!

Kind of what I'm thinking too.. I just forget how little babies really are as I'm so used to DD's clothes now and when I look at babies clothes I think "no way." Lol. I'm thinking that if I buy any onesies that I get, I can get those in 6 months because those can be worn after summer/fall. Sometimes I feel that the little creepers can run small too such as this one https://www.carters.com/carters-bab...l-one-pieces&startRow=18&navID=header&start=1
Dresses I'm definitely thinking 3 months though or she would swim in them:p

Sorry for rambling and asking so many questions to the ladies who are tired of my posts ;) I am a big time planner and like to get things done, but DH is never any help with picking anything out so I run to you ladies as my family and friends would just be like BUY EVERYTHING or I'll BUY THIS ETC.. Lol. It's nice to hear some logic :)

I'm also trying to think logically and not go crazy buying everything that I want to. Lol.. I'm thinking I do laundry for all of us (with the exception of random loads when need be) about every other week. So 14 outfits would get us through that time and then a few extra in case of messes to keep in the diaper bag.

I should think of this logic when buying DD clothes! Lol, she's just at that fun age where everything is so adorable and she's so excited about new clothes :p She's got a FULL closet! Lol.. but then again, at her age too, it's more reasonable because she's been able to wear the same pants and tshirts for about a year now :p

I've been super nesting since last week and I'm pretty sure im making my SPD worse and really draining myself..
I have purchased few bits and bobs but really want to get a lists together for what I need, 4th time round still feels like the first.

I've got all his clothes sorted now mostly just sleep suits I'm sure family will want to buy cute outfits.

But defiantly starting to panic a bit now I just want everything ready.

So far with nesting I know I want all the cupboards sorted out, windows washed etc but right now I'm trying to encourage OH to do it :haha:

I have a good start to clothes and a shower coming up, so I'm holding off for now. But they are all so cute and it's hard to resist a sale.

Target has great sales on their baby stuff right now. With how often babies spit up, drool and blowout diapers, if you only go through one outfit a day, you will be lucky!

I am totally nesting. I'm at home in Dubuque for a few weeks and have been going through and getting rid of stuff like crazy. The nursery is in China so I can't do much with that, but I definitely will again as soon as I get back there's!

Target has great sales on their baby stuff right now. With how often babies spit up, drool and blowout diapers, if you only go through one outfit a day, you will be lucky!

I am totally nesting. I'm at home in Dubuque for a few weeks and have been going through and getting rid of stuff like crazy. The nursery is in China so I can't do much with that, but I definitely will again as soon as I get back there's!

Oh yeah! I know that;) I was just setting 14 as a guideline for the minimum for how much I do laundry :p then I will buy more on top of that as extras and whatever. I just am trying not to go crazy and buy 40+ outfits! Lol

It sounds like you've been pretty restrained to me. I have bought newborn and 0-3, don't really need anything else outfit wise I don't think. I have enough nice sleep suits for daytime wear for a week plus some plainer ones for nighttime in newborn and then I have about ten or so sleep suits for 0-3 plus about 8 or 9 daytime outfits. I have a few 6-9 and 9-12 things that I bought in the sales but I haven't got any 3-6 really because I just don't know what to buy for a summer baby, I think I will wait, a lot of places don't have summer outfits out yet.

We have practically everything else we need as well, I just need to order the crib mattress and the mirror for the car and a mat to go under the car seat, I want to get DS a new seat too. I am definitely nesting, SPD is getting in the way though and work, just too exhausted at the end of the day. Roll on maternity leave!

It sounds like you've been pretty restrained to me. I have bought newborn and 0-3, don't really need anything else outfit wise I don't think. I have enough nice sleep suits for daytime wear for a week plus some plainer ones for nighttime in newborn and then I have about ten or so sleep suits for 0-3 plus about 8 or 9 daytime outfits. I have a few 6-9 and 9-12 things that I bought in the sales but I haven't got any 3-6 really because I just don't know what to buy for a summer baby, I think I will wait, a lot of places don't have summer outfits out yet.

We have practically everything else we need as well, I just need to order the crib mattress and the mirror for the car and a mat to go under the car seat, I want to get DS a new seat too. I am definitely nesting, SPD is getting in the way though and work, just too exhausted at the end of the day. Roll on maternity leave!

Thank you for making me feel better!:) we have everything "big" wise that we need. The last thing that we need to buy is a mattress for the crib since DD uses hers in her toddler bed. We are waiting until probably the end of the month to get that when we set up the crib.

What are your symptoms of SPD? I swear I have this! I have been so miserable the last month or so and my doctor just said "yeah.. It'll be like that from now on"

Thank you for making me feel better!:) we have everything "big" wise that we need. The last thing that we need to buy is a mattress for the crib since DD uses hers in her toddler bed. We are waiting until probably the end of the month to get that when we set up the crib.

What are your symptoms of SPD? I swear I have this! I have been so miserable the last month or so and my doctor just said "yeah.. It'll be like that from now on"

I had SPD with my last pregnancy but it's much worse this time. For me the pain is in hips between my legs, so if I have to lift my leg then it causes pain between my legs. Doing anything for a while makes it worse, so if I stand or sit for too long then it's really uncomfortable when I walk and when I'm in bed I have to have a pillow between my legs but if I lay on one side too long then it hurts but at the same time the pain makes it difficult to turn over in bed. To be honest I haven't really found anything that helps, I have had physio but even she said there isn't much they can do because the baby gets bigger and just puts more pressure on your hips anyway. For me the issue is when it comes to labour, because you have to open your legs a lot or lay on your back for monitoring and that killed me last time so I'm dreading it this time.

I had SPD with my last pregnancy but it's much worse this time. For me the pain is in hips between my legs, so if I have to lift my leg then it causes pain between my legs. Doing anything for a while makes it worse, so if I stand or sit for too long then it's really uncomfortable when I walk and when I'm in bed I have to have a pillow between my legs but if I lay on one side too long then it hurts but at the same time the pain makes it difficult to turn over in bed. To be honest I haven't really found anything that helps, I have had physio but even she said there isn't much they can do because the baby gets bigger and just puts more pressure on your hips anyway. For me the issue is when it comes to labour, because you have to open your legs a lot or lay on your back for monitoring and that killed me last time so I'm dreading it this time.

That is word for word how I feel. Exactly! It's terrible! I have been researching and seems like nobody really has anything that helps :(

Are you ladies sure? Lol, some of these dang things look sooooo tiny!:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->