Netbooks - Has anyone got one?

xSophieBx

Mummy to a Beautiful Girl
Reaction score
My laptop screen has snapped off and I reckon its gonna cost alot to replace so I'm looking at netbooks on very.com & theres a cute white one.. are they just as good as a laptop? Its only 3 inches smaller then my laptop and think I'm gonna prefer it! Or are they too small?

my oh had one and tbh id just get a laptop. Amelie sat on his and broke it :wacko:

They are ok if you only want to surf the net and don't mind watching movies on a small screen.

My hubby does IT for a living and he had one well he is selling at the moment on Ebay. I loved it with the built in webcam to be able to talk to my parents who live 120miles away. but then he got me another laptop only because he fell in love with it lol

If you want the link to the ebay item let me know!! its got Windows 7 on it and in amazing condition too comes with a laptop bag too :)

xx

A decent Laptop is an extra £200 to the netbook though.. I only want it for surfing the net and keeping pics etc on. x

Becci - Sounds lovely but I havent got the money for one outright which is why I was looking on very so I could do the BNPL and put it on 12months. Was it just as fast and as good as a laptop and didn't feel to small when typing etc? x

I didnt think so i love it i could sit in bed and it was light too and easy to use. if your just wanting it for the net and putting pics on like u said it will work amazing :) if i could have picked mine i would of had a pink one lol i understand payin that outright is alot. xx

I have one and love it! Iv got a purple dell inspiron mini :D its been fab for me. Had it for two years now with no probs whatsoever :thumbup: Id deffo get one. They work the same just smaller.

My eldest has one, she adores it.

It's a Samsung.

V xxx

I've had my white acer one for over 3 years now and never had a problem. I mainly use it for the internet and putting my photos on. I also used it for college work too and I had no problem typing essays etc... It was a perfect size to just throw in my bag and take with me or sit in bed without it being too big and bullky. I even watch movies on mine in bed. xxx

Both my OH and my sister and my BIL have them, they all wish they had got laptops as the net books just don't work fast enough, you cant store much on them without jamming up the memory and they arnt very tough.....You can get a very good second hand one out of the admag (or similar paper) for £100, so before you spend lots of money try that, because after a while you may find you don't like it much.

I personally couldn't live without my All-in-one PC now. It sits on a little chest of drawers next to my spot on the sofa, and it is so much faster than all the others we have, I wouldn't, in fact COULDN'T go back to a laptop or net-book now :flower:

I've had laptop and 2 netbooks and I definitely prefer netbooks, lighter, less bulky and a lot cheaper :thumbup:

DH has an Asus netbook that he doesn't use anymore. He's repurposing it as a baby monitor, using Skype to check in on LO.

I have a Dell Mini 9, which took forever to come in, but I use it a lot when I'm resting and catching up on TV shows. It's good for checking email and websites, but I still have a laptop for playing computer games and writing computer programs (as I'm a computer programmer as part of my job).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->