Netbooks

mumandco

Reaction score
Are they any good?? My laptop broke a long time ago and I miss it soo much but we just can't afford another one :( was thinking of getting a netbook but was wondering what they are like? What is the main difference between a netbook and a laptop?

Netbooks can't have lots of things saved on them, they're basically just for going on the internet... You can save a couple of word docs or whatever, but not much else xx

So I wouldn't be able to put photos on it?

I have the Samsung netbook.

BASICALLY it just doesnt have a CD/DVD slot, you'll have to get a drive [i got mine from ebay for £3.99] and a USB lead and attach it to it if you wanna watch a film or something on it...so simple tho.

I have tons of pics on mine/music/videos....i dont do alot of word docs tho.

Ive not had one issue with it in the year ive had it.

I wouldn't watch a film on it, the only thing I would do is surf the net and upload photos!

Think I'l try and convince the oh to get me one for Xmas :) not sure Itl work bit I can always try

For pix and internet its pefect id say. Mine was only £220.

I've seen a pink one for £220 :) looks fab and would make wedding planning so much easier lol

Just hoping oh hasn't bought me loads of other stuff yet other wise I won't be getting a netbook :( my list was rather large and expensive though

We have a netbook
And a laptop and we always use the netbook it's really good and compact perfect for using the Internet on, we do have a lot of pics saved on it but also got a drive for it to save them to as well. We only use the laptop for watching films on now x

I have a netbook and a laptop. While the netbook's hard drive is smaller... it's still got much more than the laptop I bought a year or so previously had - it's still 150gig and has pretty much all my music (which is a fair chunk of disc space), documents, powerpoints and what-not - since I have it mainly in case I go to work in a school and need something to hook up to a data projector it's got a fair lot of files on there.

What it doesn't have is a CD/DVD drive - so getting games and things onto it is harder (there are ways around it if needed) and you can't just bung a DVD in and watch it on the go. It runs slower than my laptop as it's got a slower processor (granted my current laptop's a year or so newer so would be faster anyway), and the battery life's less - you trade off a bit of performance for size basically.

Still runs Office (and we're using 2010 so not exactly an old version) fine, gets a little bit slower than the other PCs I have when I'm doing anything complex on Publisher but runs everything - including things like Powerpoint that some people reckoned would be a no-go fine.

Laptop on the other hand's larger, faster, shinier (cos it's new), has the full-size keyboard (if that's a factor although I type fine on the netbook one) - but I tend to take the netbook more places since it's so much more portable.

If you get one though - get a nice sleeve case for it - I've managed to scratch a really attractive chunk out of the lid of mine because of jamming it into my work bag the other week and it's really annoying me!

Nick has a Samsung netbook and it's really good, only difference is it's size, memory size and lack of CD drive. It does the job, it's just really small so I prefer a laptop :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->