Never again!

jellytot3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I have decided i will NEVER be pregnant in the summer ever again! I thought i was going to die yesterday :growlmad: We went for a mooch around the shops, bought some baby bits and had an ice cream... I was so bloody hot. My face felt like it was melting, my hair was soaked with sweat, i went dizzy... i bet i smelt like a donkey too. :sick:
When i got home, my legs and feet were so swollen, i felt like an elephant :cry:
To top it off, a lady who worked in Mothercare asked how long i had left, after telling her 5 weeks she said "Oh god, you are HUGE!". I felt an overwhelming urge to spit on her....
On a happier note, husband bought me a lovely changing bag :happydance:

https://www.mothercare.com/Babymel-...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

x

I am miserable in the heat now too! I thought I was going to be fine because I was only going to be pregnant a little bit into the summer, but no! It is a humid heat where I live too and the ac is broken on the car so anytime we go anywhere I am miserable! It feels so much hotter when you are pregnant for some reason. I always have hated the heat and summer, but now it is completely unbearable. :(

Glad you at least got something cool from being hot though. I love the bag.

I plan on having my due date in February next time, hahaha! :)

haha I feel your pain, With my DD I was pregnant from Jan to October .. as I am with this one. At the moment here the temps are at 103f (about 39c) in the day with 100% humidity, it's so FREAKING HOT!!

I'm happy to be pregnant this time of year as my 2nd child I went until August and that was miserable...I was huge and August is SO hot...I was miserable! Hope you feel better momma :)

This is my 2nd summer pregnancy...I feel gross...everytime I walk to the shop I feel like I need a shower afterwards, but at least baby is gonna have a fab summer birthday and it's not a poor xmas baby lol

Oooh I feel your pain.. I uploaded the picture below to Facebook when "driving" home yesterday.. I was stuck in traffic, sweltering in the heat (it seems like the AC in my car doesn't want to work either..), and had a baby dancing on my bladder the whole way home. It took me AGES. When I eventually got in through the front door, my thighs had been sweating SO much through my beige linen crops that it looked like my waters had broken down my legs or I had wet myself :dohh: At least I know it was only sweat lol.. But they went straight in the wash!!

I'm about to brave the heat again and go into the city centre to find a dress I can squeeze myself into for a wedding next weekend.. :coffee:

Attachments

• 247179_10150322913298098_507958097_9940413_2421973_n.jpg
    247179_10150322913298098_507958097_9940413_2421973_n.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 9
Oh Boy can I relate! I have been complaining about a summer baby non-stop! lol. The heat is overwhelming and I feel the need to shower at least 3 times a day because I constantly feel gross! the AC is never strong enough and I just want Ah well, Lets take comfort in the fact that we're due in July and NOT august! If I were due in August I would die!

I hear you i really do! my feet are mostly swollen so are my ankles and legs I feel like a whale and I'm so hot and uncomfortable! can't wait to get next week out the way so at least I can suffer in the comfort of my own home and not at work!!!

I had my first the end of August. It wasn't that bad, but theres this huge yardsale that people go to annually in August and I thought it would be a good idea to look for baby stuff. I was wrong! About passed out a few times lol.

I enjoy the heat, and grew up in a sub-tropical climate, but I feel hotter and bigger with this one already and it's only just June. I don't have long to go! I did get the a/c fixed in my car because it's been in the mid 90's.

I am hating being pregnant in this heat. It's lovely to see the sunshine, but i don't cope well in the heat to begin with.

I have to confess that putting a little bag of grapes into the freezer and eating them when they're frozen is fantastic - really refreshing and has helped to cool me down :) I'll be off to Asda later when it's not so hot to use my healthy start vouchers for more grapes lol x

Oh dear! I am actually really enjoying the really warm weather. I hated having horrid ligament pains during the winter when it was freezing and made me feel so much worse!

To top it off, a lady who worked in Mothercare asked how long i had left, after telling her 5 weeks she said "Oh god, you are HUGE!". I felt an overwhelming urge to spit on her....

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You'd think she of all people whould know better!!!!

After 2 September babies its really nice to know that the worst bit of the summer i won't be pregnant :)

oh i am the same, i darent go out after 11am on my own as i get so dizzy, th elast time i did i went for a walk with my son and almost collapsed as i walked across a main road with him . . . not good, love the summer but have to either go out early or accompanied - nothing helps not even hats, mini fans or cold water . . my poor son is so bored with me some days!

Totally agree! I hate being too hot anyway, but pregnancy adding a degree or two to my temperature sure ain't helping! I'm having driving lessons most days (determined to pass before Dinky is born!) and it's great being in the air conditioned car! My instructor cools the car as much as I need and just wears more layers himself to compensate, bless him.

It's not the being pregnant that bothers me it's after LO is born. I get 100x more stressed out and flustered in the heat =(

Oh I feel ya....this is my 2nd summer in a row being pregnant.....

Next summer I will be taking time off from pregnancy!!

Good luck everyone......:flower:

My electric bill is going to be INSANE from running the air conditioning all summer. But I can't sleep in the heat and I get so swollen and feel just nasty. Its only starting to get bad here, but today is supposed to be 90 with 100% humidity. So its going to feel 100+

Im so glad its abit cooler here today, ive been feeling so sick and dizzy in the heat. Yesterday it was pretty warm and i came home to the drier being on AND the fire... WTF?! My dad is a crazy b*stard. I asked him to turn the fire down and he blatently refused... a$$hole. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->