Never, ever give up on that BFP!!

Toni

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I just wanted to write this message to share my story with you all and give everyone out there a little bit of hope when ttc. I have been reading posts on here for about a year now - comparing other stories to my own, making comparisons, analysing symptoms etc but never really posted in the past 8 months or so because i felt like there were so many months when I got my hopes up asking about symptoms and stuff then ended up with bfn tests. However this forum is fantastic as it has really encouraged me by reading other posts and hearing all the different opinions on things - so thank you everyone for sharing stories as you never know who is redaing them and hopefully finding comfort in them (I know i certainly have at 3am on a sagurday night feeling sorry for myself haha!)

Well I came off my pill last September after 13 years of using microgynon pretty much non -stop (I am now 30 years old). My husband and I have been trying ever since to conceive and month after month we have been disappointed - my cycle has varied from 42 days (that was in the first few months of coming off the pill) to 29 days. I have never charted or had much luck with the old OPK's so have just tried to guess my ovulation dates pretty much. My cycles only really started to stabilise to around 32 days in the past 5 months or so. My last period was on the 29th of August and during september we have had visitors staying so we gave only bd'd the odd time as there has been so much going on. My af was due at the end of september and it never came!!! I did tests last week and every test came back negative but for the past few weeks now my boobs have been so so sore and nipples have changed a bit so in my heart of hearts I had this feeling I might be pregnant. I did a test on Monday this week (that was 8 days past my missed period - not even ovulation girls so that was quite late on!!!) and it was negative, tuesday a very faint pink line and this morning a dark pink line!!! We have an appointment with my doictor tomorrow to confirm everything so fingers crossed we are lucky enough to be blessed.

So girls I think I must of ovulated pretty much near the very end of my cycle as we bd'd 5 days before I expected my af to arrive! (normally me and hubby start to ease off in the bedroom department this late on as up until then i always pretty much calculated ovulation around the middle of me cycle)and to be honest start thinking whats the point now haha... thats terrible!) So I only really got my BFP about 11 days after my af was expected to arrive - SO NEVER GIVE UP HOPE WHEN THAT BIG OLD WITCH STAYS AWAY!!! and it really can take quite a while before those tests on some people pick up on a BFP so never feel disheartened.

I know this post is very long but I know how you girls like to hear every single detail .... lots of love to all you lovely ladies and lots of luck xxx

Thank you for sharing your story with us and congratulations!! :D

thank you Toni :)
and congratulations on your BFP !!!

aww Toni. Thanks for sharing

Now you can enjoy the forum a lot more with out stressing to much!

Congratulations honey xxx

Thanks for the hope. I am 2 days late with negative tests and AF was supposed to be here tues. Have a happy and healthy 9 months and enjoy your pregnancy no matter how miserable you might feel.LOL.

Awwww...congrats on your BFP!!! :happydance: Thanks for the lovely story. It was really reassuring.:hugs: I've even actually heard of some women who for some odd reason never get enough hcg in their urine for a urine test to ever detect the bfp during the entire pregnancy and was only confirmed through a blood test. That and like you, if you ovulated late in the cycle there might not be enough hcg in the urine for over a week past AF date before it picks up on it. Good luck to everyone out there and hopefully we will have a few more BFP's before next month! :D

so so nice2read a thread like urs ! :) have a lovley pregnancy :)

Aaaaww thanks all you nice people out there! well i know its very, very early days for me but still I always think that pregnancy tests can take a while with different people and there are so many variables - like when you exactly ovulated in your cycle, individual levels of HCG can differ etc. I have seen so many bloody pregnancy tests in the past year - held them up to the light at different angles trying to convince myself there is a slight line, sat on the loo on my lunch break at work willing a line to appear ... so when i finally saw a slight pink line on tuesday i felt that little glimmer of hope! wish i had batteries in my camera so i could show you the difference in the tests - my test on monday had honestly the very faintest slight shadow and 3 days later a very strong pink line. If it took me a year to finally see a BFP I believe any of you girls can get the same one day too - I never thought it would take me this long and that my body would be so messed up after being on the pill but fingers crossed now there is some hope for me. Thanks again ladies x

hope ur guna keep us all posted!! and up2date ...sent u a pm, wonder if u used opk or anything eles like preseed anything like this?

best of luck hun x x

Firstly CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
thanks for sharing.........Just this past cycle i thought cd 20 of 28 day cycle was to late for any Bd'ing. So I am glad to see your post and good news.
Just a reminder that :sex: doesn't stop when you think you have ovulated!!!!!!!!!

I know girls it really is odd! I am 99% sure i ovulated cd 26 (i didn't use an opk, chart, preseed etc as I'm a bit hopeless with keeping track of these things and the tests never really worked for me - probably my fault using them too early looking back now!) but my cycles (like i said before can be very unpredicatable since coming off the pill and can vary from 29 days to 42 at one point but normally average out around32 days). This I think would be the reason why my pregnancy tests took so long to show up as it was too early after ovulation. So Yes chillbilly you are right - keep on going til the very end cos you never know when a little egg might be hanging around haha! I'll let you all know yesterday when my doctor confirms my results - just to be sure! night night xx

dont u mean u let us know 2moro...not yday!! lol ur heads all over hun, nowt2worry bout....when tests get darker its a very good sign:)

haha what a an eejit i am - yes i mean tomorrow and not yesterday (wtf?!) xox

Toni~~~~ Thankxs

I was told by my obgyn to always continue Bding because u never know...sometimes the body will ovulate late!

CONGRATS TO YOU HUN!!!!!!!!:happydance:

Thank you so much, now I feel a little better. CONGRATS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->