never mind terrible twos terrible 18 months? or is it just me!?

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
Maybe its just because im heavly pregnant and i cant tolarate as much (altho im SURE its not!) but charlies all of a sudden turned in too a little bugger!!! I wouldnt say hes awful because hes just too cute too be horrible but hes most definatly found his "naughty" side!
As i say maybe its because im pregnant and i cant give him as much attention as i would like or as he would like becuase i find it hard too get around! But at the moment he seems too be doing naughty things just too make me tell him off!!

Lastnight he stood at the sky box ...looked at me...looked at his daddy, we both told him NO! he laughed...looked at us both again and started too press the buttons again he got told NO charlie get off.....3 times we told him then moved him away from it, he stands there and looks at us...holds his hand out laughing waiting for it too be smacked! we smack his hand when he touches things like the tv ect...things he can hurt him self on really! but now he seems too think its funny holding his hand out waiting for it laughing!

Today he stood at the tv again looking at me with a toy in his hand...just stood there looking untill i looked at him so i gave him the "dont you dare!" look he laughed and hit the tv with the toy! i thought well u can bugger off im not going too tell u off because thats what u want! SO he comes over too me pointing at me saying "NO NO NO!!!!!!"

He keeps touching things he knows hes not aloud just so we'll tell him off! i mean what do we do? tell him off anyway?? let him laugh at us or let him fling him self on the floor and stamp his feet - which is his newest trick!

I kinda feel like we're starting too loose control and hes taking over as boss it doesnt matter what we do or say he doesnt listen which i dont really expect because hes still only a baby really but its driving me a little bit mad now! i have alot of patience, but its starting too ware thin, im not sure if thats just the pregnancy or what but im worryed im going too have the baby and hes going to get a million times worse!

just seems like one thing after another at the moment and im unsure what too do about it i cant just leave him too run wild ruling the house can i! and im the very first person too hold my hands up and say yes, charlies boss but i know he is and i wanna do somthing about it!!! :dohh:

2nd that i have a terrible 21 month old she has always been cheeky but to cute to tell off... but now she is horrid she does everything she is not allowed... and always plays with the ps3 or the sky box..... although i should give her some credit as she has been really good past 2 days lol xxx

Ruby has been EXACTLY the same this past week or so. Usually the xbox or sky hd box that she is obssessed with. She will stand there too grinning at us waiting to be told off. She is a little bugger at the moment lol

yeah wats with these sky HD boxes? have they got a toddler magnet in them or somthing! :rofl:

yep i thinks its cause the buttons are on the top of it little monkeys easier access lol

Mia was the same at that age but was fine during her 2s!!x

Char is in the terrible 18mos too. very frustrating. tantrums, clingy, laghs when we say no or tap her hands. UGH

urgh the clignyness is driving me insane! how im going too feed a baby when i cant even eat my own tea in peace is beoynd me!

Drawing is my answer for everything, but apprently girls are more into it than boys. She sits for hours just drawing me pictures :lol:

You're lucky Toria Tabs has no interest in drawing unless its throwing the crayons :dohh:

Yea i'm TOTALLY getting this, Tabs is a total madam she just grins at us and does something naughty aaah!!

Dec has been AWFUL from around 17-18 months, but believe me it gets WORSE !!!! hehehe Dec is 100 times worse now than what he was at 18 months, he answers everything with a punch or a kick and he calls everyone a "fat shite". My answer to everything is a shower !!!! lol if he is really going of on one I will say lets go get a shower and he calms down straight away, he also loves to read so if we sit and read stories he will usually be ok. All I can say hun is IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE it works wonders, when Dec is being silly I will ignore him when he sees he is getting no attention he usually walks away and goes to play, if I give even the slightest bit of attention he will continue forever. I have also heard that 3 can be worse again !!!!!!!

My little man is exactly the same...you're not alone :) xx

Its just the age. I find that distraction works so much better than telling Brennan NO about things.

my DS is obsessed with technology too, thankfully the skybox ,tv etc..... are well out of reach and he isnt interested in the Christmas tree as of yet but omg is he obsessed with the PC if i let him within a mile of it hes there in a flash and little seems to stop him, so normally we set it up so he cant get to these things so i dont have to tell him off so much,
also distracting him often works, but man can he throw a tantrum he had better get over it soon i really wont like it if hes doing this still at 2 yrs old and im trying to deal with a small baby on top

:hugs: maddi draw's a lot too. tbh i think we're getting off very lightly for now, maddi might moan about something (like i have just put away her new Wellington's she wanted to wear!) but it's just a few secs, then she's into something else. i find distraction and talking her through everything works with us, though maddi is into everything, she is also highly laid back and i suppose that works for us xxx

Charlotte likes to draw, but then...well, she eats the crayons, LOL

Mine is only mischievous when he is tired otherwise he is a sweet boy. He has his dad's sweet and gentle nature. He might become a little terror later on though....Hopefully not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->