New and confuse to the ovk

wantin a baby

Reaction score
Hi, im about to take the f.r. Ovulation kit ... It says that i have to waith to the fifth day of my period inorder to begin. I only spotted 1 day ... Do i count 5 days from now???? Or should i just begin doing the test? Help?

I'm not sure one day of spotting counts as an actual period, when was your last full flow?

A period should be an actual flow lasting 3-7 days. Do you have normal cycles?

i was once told by my obgyn tnat even though you get bleed or spot one day it is considered your period. is it the same as for the ovk???

A period should be an actual flow lasting 3-7 days. Do you have normal cycles?

i have pcos ... was irregular for a very long time but became regular the past year with the help of metformin and birth control

well the pcos may be why you only spot instead of having a period. How long have you been off birth control? it can take a little while for things to get back to normal. I presume you are still taking the metformin?

well the pcos may be why you only spot instead of having a period. How long have you been off birth control? it can take a little while for things to get back to normal. I presume you are still taking the metformin?

even with pcos i was still getting a 3-5 day period with birth control i've been off for a few weeks now. yes i am still in metformin.

:blush:
cindy

Well to do an opk, you generally need to calculate your average cycle length, and then look at the chart on the leaflet in the box. I'd take the average cycle length that you have when not on birth control though.

If you were on birth control those weren't "real" periods. I was always "normal" on the pill, but as soon as I went off, it was right back to craziness. I think it would be best to start off with some cheap opks from the internet and use them everyday... then once you get your cycle somewhat normalized, then use the expensive tests... Unless the cost doesn't bother you. But you could be using the tests for weeks or months even without a positive if you're not regular. It was 15 months before I got my first positive and that was after a round of Provera (50 days after).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->