New and terrified!

LanFan

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am not quite sure where to post this, but this seemed like the most logical place. I just found out this past Thursday that i am pregnant, which is a huge and totally unexpected surprise. I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was a teenager and was told that it would be impossible for me to ever have children without medical assistance. Well after a month of my breasts hurting, gagging when i cough or brush my teeth,having a super sensitive sense of smell, and feeling like "when is this period going to come" a friend recommended i take a test. So i picked 1, and then on a whim, grabbed a 2nd before i left the store and took them both Thursday and they were both immediately positive...i didn't even have to wait for the whole 3 min (although i did stare at it for a good 5 min in shock). I called almost every Gynecologist in my area (i have not gone to one in years and i didn't want to ask my mom where i was taken for the PCOS and rouse her suspicions) and finally found one that could see me this Wed (every other one said i would have to wait until after Christmas!) I am terrified that something is wrong. I have not had a period in over 6 months, which is not unusual for me at all. So i have no clue how far along i am. And i am a smoker and have been smoking this entire time, even more then usual because we are in the process of closing on a house. So i have been extremely stressed and smoking up a storm lately. I have NOT had any alcohol in at least 4 months, so that is somewhat of a relief i guess. I am just so scared i may have done harm while smoking and not knowing i was pregnant. I mean i NEVER ever suspected this to happen. My EX tried and tried for years to get me "in the family way", even after i told him it was not going to happen, but try away lol. So now that my SO has done the deed, even with the use of condoms, i am convinced this is a miracle baby and i must do everything i can to be sure everything goes perfectly. And i am so terrified that something will be wrong, and he is getting so excited (i am too) and he is turning into super dad already. He has even gone so far as to look up alternatives to schooling at the new house already because the public school has very bad reviews( public schooling was obviously not a concern of ours when we put an offer on the house). I just really hope the Dr. gives me an ultrasound on Wed too, because i cannot stand not knowing anything! Sorry to make you read this "book", i am just really freaking out and it feels so good to vent!

Hi, can you feel your uterus above your pubic bone ? It will feel like a hard baloon it could be a few cms above your pubic bone if your past 3 months gone. I know waiting ia hard lol but just sit tight amd enjoy your miracle pregnancy until you see the doctor ;-). And congratulations !

How exciting and truly special! I just wanted to give you a huge congratulations and hopefully you'll get an ultrasound on Wednesday! Crossing my fingers and toes for you.

Thank you both! I am not sure if it feels any different then usual. I do not often feel my belly lol. But i have always had a lot of ab muscles, so it feels hard everywhere. I also have a little bit of chub covering those beautiful ab muscles...which makes it kinda hard to see anything different...not to mention all of my fat ends up on my belly, right in the middle (so i guess you could say i always kinda look a little pregnant lol), it isn't on the sides or my hips, just right in the middle, like it is purposely hiding my abs and nothing else just to spite me, but that has been there for a few years so to me i do not really see anything different. although i did notice yesterday that my belly seems... longer? Almost like that weird pooch i have is lower then it usually is......

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!
Don't worry so much about smoking. Yes, it is bad. But my MIL smoked 3-5 cigarettes a day in all 3 of her pregnancies, as back then it was considered ok and the kiddos turned out fine (at least the one I picked to be my DH :D).
Try to quit or at least reduce it and gradually quit, but don't worry about the cigarettes that you have already smoked, as that does not change anything and stressing is not good for you or your baby :) If you find it hard to quit, ask your doc or midwife on Wednesday for help.
It is great that you haven't drunk any alcohol for so long :)
Just take a look at threads that elaborate on things that you should or shouldn't eat, as that is also important and make sure to start taking folic acid right now.
:hugs: I am sure you and your baby are going to be fine :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->