New baby and child tax credits

shelx

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
What way does it work? Im nearly certain that with my first his money was backdated to his birth date. I phoned last week to let them know about birth of new baby and they have updated my claim and within a few days (when i would usually get tax credit) his money was added on but no back pay? I phoned today to enquire and the lady sounded as confused as me, saying they dont backdate but add the money we're owed into our yearly reward :confused: she also said it was confusing and she couldnt explain it :wacko:

Anyone recently done this and what way did it work for you? I was thinking of ringing back in a few days to make sure what she said was right.

X

I've added #2 on and OH got a random payment of £10.51 last Monday. I got a letter dated the 1st saying no award - but they hadn't included #2 in the claim and the guy said another letter was generated on the 2nd - - its STILL not arrived here though!!

I read it as they only back date a month from the date of application - Now I applied last week in May, but didn't get it sorted till 31st July, so I have no idea when they are taking it from.

They only back date a month now so if your DS2 is over a month old it'll only back dated the last 4 weeks from applying even if your son is 3 months for instance. I'm not sure about everything else. I will probably get hubby to call the day DS2 is born haha.

Hes only 2.5 weeks old. He was born 28/7/13 and i phoned them tuesday week ago, the 6th when he was just over a week old. Il maybe give them another call just to see. Thanks for replies. x

It's paid in arrears so if he is only a couple of weeks old there wouldn't be any back pay due

Wouldnt he get money for his first few weeks? Tax credit always has, and always will confuse me :lol:

I got money back paid from the date he was born I applied quickly like u when he was3 weeks old and got a payment from his birth till that date then another with the regular amount

Oohh, see thats what i thought, think il give them another ring during the week. Thank you x

ok, I got my letter today. I left it late to renew - shot myself in my foot there!! - we got the £10.51 payment on the 6th and will get the proper payment on the 28th and then 4 weekly.

I called to renew on the 30th July, so if you phoned aftet that you should have a letter in the next week...............we got FOUR letters.........was totally ridic.........3 told us no award and was all the wrong info. then last one was correct - what a waste of money!

Did she mean that any money due instead of being backdated will be added to your ctc normal payment each time spread out across the year, they did this to me for something can't remember what so only worked out as like a few quid extra but through the year it all added up to the full amount.

Not sure but i never did get a back dated payment.. :/ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->