New baby...help

Prettything

Reaction score
I've just found out that I am having a baby, my baby is due in June. I am currently studying at university and complete my studies in May. I live approximately 300miles from my hometown whilst I'm at uni. I am 20 years old.
My parents do not support me at all and have made it clear that they want nothing to do with me or the baby. My partner of 3 years has also told me that he can't have a baby right now and we have decided to split. I have few friends and they are all young and unable to help in any way. I'm keeping the baby. Abortion is not an option. I am hoping to complete my degree, I am sure I'm being naive and maybe it will be too hard for me to but I need to try for myself and the baby. After uni I was planning on getting a graduate job and moving to London, this was before I found out I was pregnant. Now i don't know what do to do. I don't know where to move to, what help I'm going to receive, how I'm going to afford a baby, or whether to get a job. I know I need to work out all these answers for myself, but I just wondered if there was anyone out there in a similar situation and how they were dealing with their situations.
Thank you!

:hug:

There are a few women on here who are pregnant or who have had their baby and who are still in school.

I think you will find some good support here!

Wanted to send you :hug: The women on here are wonderful and full of great advice

I've just found out that I am having a baby, my baby is due in June. I am currently studying at university and complete my studies in May. I live approximately 300miles from my hometown whilst I'm at uni. I am 20 years old.
My parents do not support me at all and have made it clear that they want nothing to do with me or the baby. My partner of 3 years has also told me that he can't have a baby right now and we have decided to split. I have few friends and they are all young and unable to help in any way. I'm keeping the baby. Abortion is not an option. I am hoping to complete my degree, I am sure I'm being naive and maybe it will be too hard for me to but I need to try for myself and the baby. After uni I was planning on getting a graduate job and moving to London, this was before I found out I was pregnant. Now i don't know what do to do. I don't know where to move to, what help I'm going to receive, how I'm going to afford a baby, or whether to get a job. I know I need to work out all these answers for myself, but I just wondered if there was anyone out there in a similar situation and how they were dealing with their situations.
Thank you!

Well first of hunny, congrats on your pregnancy!! You've totally made the right decision me thinks lol!!

I really think you should definitely stick with your degree. It finishes a month before your due so maybe if you have a chat with your tutors & explain your situation then maybe they can extend coursework deadlines & so forth as being pregnant sure isn't easy & it won't do you or baby any good if you're stressing over deadlines & such. I don't really have much to say on this however but Rae who is on here has carried on going to school throughout her pregnancy so she would probably be better at advsing you. Honestly she's an inspiration :)

I know your parents are obviously mad at the moment but hopefully in time they will come round. This probably wasn't what they wanted for you but at the end of the day you're carrying there grandchild & that cannot be ignored. Give it time & then perhaps try & resume contact!

You haven't said if your ex plans to help out with baby??

Finance wise there is loads of help you can probably recieve but it wouldn't hurt to maybe look into getting a little part time job for some extra money although with uni you don't want to overdo it!!

Lotsa :hug:

xxxxx

You just wrote my story, except I have a ton of support from my family.

You aren't naive thinking you'll finish your degree, I'm finishing mine now. Its HARD, I won't lie. It takes everything out of you, but you can do it. Your professors will be more than accomodating, I know mine are.

I'm living back home with my parents, I moved 8 hours away from my school to go to a brand new campus. Plus, loads of schools offer distance courses which I find are highly convenient.

You can do it hun! It will likely be quite tiring towards the end when you really get tired. Some women have way easier pregnancies then others, it all depends. But even though it is hard, you will have a better life for you and your LO in the end.

I wish you good luck and a healthy pregnancy! This BB is great, lots of support here.

I got pregnant whilst I was still in uni but due to the nature of my course decided to interrupt and finish it off later on (probably this academic year). I think it really depends on what kind of course you are doing to whether it will be feasible for you to finish it. I was doing a PGCE in primary teaching and felt that because the course was so intense, it wouldn't be sensible or good for me or the baby for me to finish it off.

Have you been to speak to your tutor? That really helped me because they set out my options.

As for everything else, I really hope your parents come round even if your partner doesn't - to be honest, he sounds like he might be more trouble than he's worth...

Try to concentrate on looking after yourself and finding out what options are available to you education, benefits and support wise.

Good luck!

I'm pregnant and still going to college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->