NEW BFP with PCOS

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
After 2 years ttc and 1 loss we are ecstatic! We were completely blind sided, after doing treaents on and off and getting more and more discouraged I had just a thread of hope left.
Having pcos we lost an angel in August 2016 very early (my progesterone wasn't rising correctly and they won't further investigate miscarriages until after the ~3rd), and I'm being very cautious this time around.

If anyone has advice on how to keep a pregnancy healthy, or if their is something extra I should be doing due to risks with pcos please speak up!
I'm going to try to get an earlier appointment with the docs just to keep close tabs on this pregnancy. My office (in VA) nearest to me only schedules first appts at TEN WEEKS which I think is nuts.

We are so thrilled and tear-filled with joy I keep trying to wake myself up from the dream!

Thanks all!

Congratulations! I remember chatting to you in the TTC #1 board a wee while ago! That's so exciting :) Did you conceive naturally or on treatment?

After 2 years ttc and 1 loss we are ecstatic! We were completely blind sided, after doing treaents on and off and getting more and more discouraged I had just a thread of hope left.
Having pcos we lost an angel in August 2016 very early (my progesterone wasn't rising correctly and they won't further investigate miscarriages until after the ~3rd), and I'm being very cautious this time around.

If anyone has advice on how to keep a pregnancy healthy, or if their is something extra I should be doing due to risks with pcos please speak up!
I'm going to try to get an earlier appointment with the docs just to keep close tabs on this pregnancy. My office (in VA) nearest to me only schedules first appts at TEN WEEKS which I think is nuts.

We are so thrilled and tear-filled with joy I keep trying to wake myself up from the dream!

Thanks all!

Hey hun I have pcos with multiple losses my best advice is to contact your doctor about progesterone suppositories and if they aren't willing to give them to you immediately try and find progesterone supplements you can get them off of amazon just to supplement until. This is my first successful pregnancy and I begin using progesterone suppositories the day I find out. Best of luck

I have PCOS, too, and I think the only thing - and most important thing, anyway - you can do right now is just to take care of yourself. Eat right... Get some exercise - I do a 10-minute walk after every meal and once or twice a week, my OH and I will take the kids out for a long walk if I'm not too exhausted... There's nothing extra that I do, but I haven't had any non-viable pregnancies.

Thanks everyone! This cycle I had stopped taking metformin and hadn't gone to Dr for another round of clomid, but
We did try PreMama Fertility drink packets which have myo-inositol in them. I went travelling and forgot about them (would've been after O) so I'm not sure if that was a factor or not... Other times I checked for ovulation on a month without clomid I never got a positive result and of course I didn't check this month.
So far symptoms seen in retrospect were fatigue sore breasts (normal for me) constant gas, and more emotional. Today I'm right at 4w

Got an appointment for the end of the month right around mid 6w.

So excited so nervous!

Huge congratulations to you! I've also got pcos so I know how hard it is to make anything happen. I'd definitely ask them to check your progesterone and thyroid. Otherwise just enjoy the victory!

Huge congratulations to you! Happy and healthy 9 months to you.

-AussieBub

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->