New board game?

CherylC3

Mummy to Leo
Reaction score
Hi my hubby has come up with a board game which teaches kids the origins of food and some basic nutritional info he is at the market research stage the now and I'd be grateful if anyone could answer these three questions

Do u believe it is important for children to kno about the origins of food and its nutritional values?

Do u think a simple fun board game wud be an effective way of teaching children this?

Would you be prepared to pay around £10 for such a product?

Please also feel free to add any coments u may hav.

Thanks in advance xxxx

Didn't want to R&R :flower:

Do u believe it is important for children to kno about the origins of food and its nutritional values? Absolutely :)

Do u think a simple fun board game wud be an effective way of teaching children this? Depending on what age child the game is aimed at, I think it would be a really good way e.g. aiming it at older teenagers wouldn't get the same response as say aiming it at 5 years + (IMHO)

Would you be prepared to pay around £10 for such a product? As with my above comment, if I had a younger child then yes I'd pay that but I wouldn't think to buy it for an older one.

Hope that's ok! x

Thanks we we're think 5 upwards tht schools would maybe like it x

Yeah that's a really good idea - could turn it into a lesson!

Yes I think it's important that we teach these things, but tbh I don't see a market for a board game like that. I wouldn't buy it, my kids wouldn't play it. Sorry from a childs point of view the subject isn't much fun

I do think it's important to learn to some degree. I suppose it depends what sort of nutritional info is included. I mean, I don't think a five year old needs to know what a calorie is, but it is good to encourage a varied diet and moderation of treat foods.

Is a board game a good way of teaching about food? I'm inclined to say not. A subject like food has so many opportunities for hands on learning involving all the senses and practical experience. Baking with kids, growing veg, taste testing, visiting a farm, preparing their own snacks and so on. Those are things that are easy to set up and stick in kids' minds.

Would I pay £10 for it? Well the price is perfectly reasonable for a board game but whether I'd buy it depends on the gameplay. If it's fun and catchy, the right level of challenge for the age group, and has replay value, then I would be interested. If it's a pretty basic board game just with the educational stuff added, probably not. I'm looking for a board game just to be plain fun. If my kids are going to learn from it, I'm hoping they'll learn strategy, turn taking, counting, matching, and being a gracious winner. The actual subject of the game isn't really that important to me, as long as it catches their attention enough that they want to play it. The subject of nutrition and food origins doesn't sound exciting tbh BUT since I have no idea how the game works, it could be fantastic fun.

Marketing it to schools might be a good idea, in which case you really need to figure out where it fits into the curriculum and show exactly how it supports it. If your husband has some sort of qualification in child health or nutrition it would be a good selling point to schools. But as a teacher I'd have to be sold on why I should use a board game to teach this topic when I could be using the time to plant carrot seeds or make fruit salad, since classroom time is limited.

Sorry I couldn't see me buying it just for the education side of things. It would need to be a really good fun game to play.
I'm not sure that I'd take a gamble on a new game when the £10 could go on one of the classics that have stood the test of time.

The price is reasonable.

As a homeschooler I would definitely consider it.

Yes children should know where food comes from and its benefits.

The game play would need to be engaging for at least a few different ages (ex. 4-8 yrs old and not just for 5 yr olds)

The new national curriculum has now added learning objectives for design and technology - that children need to know where food comes from. So the school angle might be a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->