• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

new child tax credits for 2012!!!!!

We are not entitled to anything anyway but hoping we may get something towards childcare next year as I will either be at uni or training and therefore earning very little so I would have to rely on oh to help with chilcare from his wages! The only thing I find a little annoying is that we earn just above thresholds which is fine BUT oh loses over a third of wages through tax pension and student loan before the money hits the bank!
My husbands at uni, he gets a childcare grant. I think it pays for 80% of childcare , we just drop him to my mums atm so I don't know exactly. But his uni has been more than happy to help :)

Hmm OH earns 7600 a year, working full time. I envy those above that new limit :haha:

Is that after tax though, im guessing it must be and the limits are before tax so not how much you actually get.

I feel soo confused by all this :s
Seems to me you either have to be on high wages to live or be on benefits!! Really don't see the point in working my a$$ off anymore

Seems to me you either have to be on high wages to live or be on benefits!! Really don't see the point in working my a$$ off anymore

your right, earn a middle income and ur screwed. we earn too much to ever get anything like this though we are by no means rich (annoys me when our families think we are! people forget we have a huge mortgage and student debts... but thats another story). i think tax credits are fantastic idea for giving mothers and fathers more options to work and set a good example to their kids but when i hear stories of ppl milking it my blood just boils- why does this and previous governments just let ppl get free hand outs and never work??

Hmm OH earns 7600 a year, working full time. I envy those above that new limit :haha:

Is that after tax though, im guessing it must be and the limits are before tax so not how much you actually get.

Nope, it's before tax as far as I know. That's how much is on the forms, we worked it out, he earns 140 a week before tax, times by 52 is... oh it's actually less :haha: 7280!

About right, people that are in the middle get penalised again it seems to me.

your right, earn a middle income and ur screwed. we earn too much to ever get anything like this though we are by no means rich (annoys me when our families think we are! people forget we have a huge mortgage and student debts... but thats another story). i think tax credits are fantastic idea for giving mothers and fathers more options to work and set a good example to their kids but when i hear stories of ppl milking it my blood just boils- why does this and previous governments just let ppl get free hand outs and never work??

My OH works his arse off and we're still earning less than those on benefits. To us it's not free handouts, we need it to live on. We're not on any other benefits, just tax credits. Like I said, I'm envious of those in a position to get a mortgage in the first place, we private rent with no help, with council tax it's... 600 a month, more or less. 495 rent, just over 100 council tax.

Just worked out he works 35 hours a week, earning £140 a week... something's not right.

Okay eating my words :haha:

Just had words as it wasn't working out right, turns out his Dad (boss) takes out some to pay for his car, it's a business thing or something like that. Brain = fried.

Before tax is taken out he earns £200 a week, so not as bad as I thought :haha:

My OH works his arse off and we're still earning less than those on benefits. To us it's not free handouts, we need it to live on. We're not on any other benefits, just tax credits. Like I said, I'm envious of those in a position to get a mortgage in the first place, we private rent with no help, with council tax it's... 600 a month, more or less. 495 rent, just over 100 council tax.

My friend has 3 kids & she "earns"more money then me & OH put together at the mo.. does she pay rent?? NO.. does she pay council tax?? NO.. then she tells me she's got no money.. hmm yea ok!!
Oh and she can afford 3 animals too.. I'm sorry but hows that fair?? With he

3 kids she gets.. wait for it..£150 a week CTC (she told me)

We get something like £100/week CTC. DH works so so so hard and all his wage goes to bills and debt (that we can FINALLY afford to pay off). Why shouldn't he get a little extra to help buy nice things for Alex and let us go out every now and then?

Ozzie- oh no I'm not moaning about people like us (we work & get CTC).... im moaning at the fact we work & our CTC are gna be effected but people who don't work aren't gna be effected!! X

Milf, I think you're thinking of Child Benefit. We get £20 a month for Child Benefit.

Ozzie- oh no I'm not moaning about people like us (we work & get CTC).... im moaning at the fact we work & our CTC are gna be effected but people who don't work aren't gna be effected!! X

I don't think we will be because DH earns less than £27k a year.

If I went back to work full time Id be affected but I only want to do part time but part time ain't gna pay the damn bills...... argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our joint earnings for this year will be about 22k, but with our rent, council tax and debt taken into consideration, we barely have enough left over for food.
Next years entitlement for us will be about £10 a week, and £23 a month towards childcare costs if LO is in nursery 5 days a week, presuming I go to work full time. That means I have to earn at least 15/16k a year just to be able to afford to live, that's 10k more than this years earnings.

We had LO because at the time we could afford to but things change and now we're in need of help but apparently we earn too much to get substantial help.

I've worked from the age of 14, I've had 4 months of not working in recent years where I needed to concentrate on my final year of Uni but as much as I don't like not working there isn't any attraction for me to work until Doo goes to school because of how this country works :shrug:

sorry when i said that last bit i didnt mean ppl who are working/ want to work like urselves. dont want to be patronising but ive got no idea how u live off that little!i mean the people that play the system, you know the ones!!

O this caused a bit of a debate! Well me an OH earn quite a bit combined, an we are only entitled to £10 a week ctc at the min the reason im so pissed off is that if the ctc had stayed the same i could have gone back to work 30 hours a week an had one day off with lo with just a small drop in pay cos tax credits would ave helped with the rest, but now i dont have that option full time it is :(

I leave for work in morning at 7.30am back at 6pm an 8pm once a week, so at this rate il c lo for one hour at most during the weekdays, its just a bit upsetting right now. like most girls on here we are in that middle (screwed) wage! an so we have to pay everything for ourselves an are happy to, most of the time, but just hate cn these scum bags who have a child as a career option, my £10 a week an help with some childcare costs helped me to feel like i was getting something back from the £350+ tax i pay every month!

I dont mean to offend those who actually do need the ctc, thats what its there for an in principle its a good idea but in reality its way to easy to manipulate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->