New curved FRER, Extreme Sensitivity

Levaitas

Reaction score
I decided to make this a thread on it's own, tell me your experiences with the new curved FRER's. Did you get a false positive? Did your faint positive on a new curved FRER turn out to be a legit pregnancy? Read the info below and let me know what you ladies think.

Link: Babyandbump thread
>Here is my personal experience with the new curved FRER's<

Found this article (link below) about the curved FRERS quite interesting! It notes how sensitive these tests are. Stating that they ARE picking up HCG but anything under a 5hcg is considered a negative. The article stated that certain things can cause this, such as cysts.

Also I read a lot of reviews on Amazon (link below) about the "false positives", and a lot of girls posted pics of their false positives. They are unbelievably dark lines too. Darker than mine! There are currently 1,262 reviews on amazon, I was shocked to read that some girls got negative results when a digital even picked up that they were pregnant.

Girls that are not pregnant are getting positives and girls that ARE are getting negatives?? ....what?....

*The interesting part about halfway down the article*

Article LINK:
https://peeonastickfreak.com/2015/0...se-frer-what-the-manufacturers-dont-tell-you/

Amazon Reviews Link:
Amazon.com Customer Reviews: First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test, 3 tests

~Levaitas :coffee:

My false positives were cases of mistaken identity. The indent pops up around 3-5m, which can be confused as a true line since we all consider under 10m as within the testing window. It shows up in the invert, when held under lighting, and when using photoshop on general. Sometimes it appears pink at first but dries grey/blank after a while. The glare also makes it look like a line appears when it doesn't both to the naked eye and camera.

I have never gotten a false negative. But I will note my hcg was arguable pretty high before I got a line I didn't consider a squinter (around 20). I did get a bfn on 11dpo with fmu, and subsequent fmu urine was always very light lines compared to the night before or later that day. This caused me quite a scare thinking chemical pregnancy but I am an addict so I was also testing with two other brands that had clear lines.

Overall frer went downhill a few years ago and totally tanked with the new curved model. But unfortunately it's not the only one. I have gotten false lines on dollar tree, Walmart, CB +, and blue dye store brand.

My false positives were cases of mistaken identity. The indent pops up around 3-5m, which can be confused as a true line since we all consider under 10m as within the testing window. It shows up in the invert, when held under lighting, and when using photoshop on general. Sometimes it appears pink at first but dries grey/blank after a while. The glare also makes it look like a line appears when it doesn't both to the naked eye and camera.

I have never gotten a false negative. But I will note my hcg was arguable pretty high before I got a line I didn't consider a squinter (around 20). I did get a bfn on 11dpo with fmu, and subsequent fmu urine was always very light lines compared to the night before or later that day. This caused me quite a scare thinking chemical pregnancy but I am an addict so I was also testing with two other brands that had clear lines.

Overall frer went downhill a few years ago and totally tanked with the new curved model. But unfortunately it's not the only one. I have gotten false lines on dollar tree, Walmart, CB +, and blue dye store brand.

Thank you dobby for sharing your experience. :)

I had a faint line at 8DPO and I was pregnant. At 10DPO my blood hCG was 24. At 8DPO it was less than 12 in random morning urine. I never had false positives before.

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 115
Oops, sorry, curved. They don't have old style FRERs in my area. Only the Gold something you can take the day of your missed period. I didn't take that until 14DPO and by then the line was as strong/stronger than control.

Oops, sorry, curved. They don't have old style FRERs in my area. Only the Gold something you can take the day of your missed period. I didn't take that until 14DPO and by then the line was as strong/stronger than control.

Wow, well congrats! I'm glad you didn't have a false positive. I have officially had 4 false positives with the new curved. Every other test I've taken has been negative and if I was pregnant I would be 5weeks+3days so I'm pretty sure I'd have something showing on a different brand. I used a cup, so if I got a positive I would test with another with the same urine, and sure enough..stark white negative same box of tests and same urine. Curved FRER's.

Not sure what is considered a "false positive" but I do know that the new curved frer do pick up very very little HCG. I have had 'squinters' with HCG of 3 and 4. Although it's below a 5...it still shows if any HCG is in our system.

Levaitas - I'm very sorry you had such a terrible experience. The day I got the squinted a blue dye and digi were negative. Digi (CB with weeks) turned positive at 10DPO and blue dye started showing around the same time.

We BD'ed two days before O so swimmers were hanging out waiting and I believe that was responsible for early implantation. hCG was slow to start though, nudse scared the living crap out of me until second beta came back with a doubling time of about 34 hours.

I will have to find the pic an post in a bit but I have a frer curved handle progress pic when my hcg level was 10 an then when it went down to 4 -when I found out I had a cp last month

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 103
I have heard all the bad things about new curved FRER, but I personally have never had a problem with them (and trust me, I test a lot! :rofl: ) The one time I thought I saw a line when I wasn't pregnant was because I took the test apart (duh, don't do that. But I'm crazy. Haha) Anyway, I have only gotten a positive on a FRER when I was actually pregnant, thankfully. I think getting a false positive would be so devastating!

Thank you all for your replies and experiences. I do believe they are picking up some sort of HCG, but maybe from cysts or something (not sure if I actually have cysts) but I DO have PCOS. Last time I was checked they did a sonogram and I did not have cysts, however that was 8 years ago.

I just don't understand how, one will show positive, when an hpt from the same box and used the same urine shows negative. That part makes no sense to me

I know this thread is a few days old, but I took a FRER with this pregnancy and I got a blood test on the same day.
There was a super faint line, and my blood result was a 2.9 that same day. The are EXTREMELY sensitive for sure!

I know this thread is a few days old, but I took a FRER with this pregnancy and I got a blood test on the same day.
There was a super faint line, and my blood result was a 2.9 that same day. The are EXTREMELY sensitive for sure!

ThThank you! What dpo did you test?

One thing my doctor did say was that they have found a fertilized egg begins producing hcg right away it just doesn't start doubling/increasingly steadily until implant. I had asked about it and showed her some false positives I had, though some I had same day betas of 0. So those early super faint squinters could be eggs that just failed to implant properly/ super early cps. But who is to know for sure

One thing my doctor did say was that they have found a fertilized egg begins producing hcg right away it just doesn't start doubling/increasingly steadily until implant. I had asked about it and showed her some false positives I had, though some I had same day betas of 0. So those early super faint squinters could be eggs that just failed to implant properly/ super early cps. But who is to know for sure

If it was a chemical, why haven't I started bleeding yet? :/ The spotting i had was barely anything. more like cm with some flecks of brown in it. I'm at the "6weeks+3day" mark. I'll be testing again tonight and tomorrow. My husband works late tonight and he has the car, so I couldn't go today during the day to pick up some FRER's

If it was a chemical, why haven't I started bleeding yet? :/ The spotting i had was barely anything. more like cm with some flecks of brown in it. I'm at the "6weeks+3day" mark. I'll be testing again tonight and tomorrow. My husband works late tonight and he has the car, so I couldn't go today during the day to pick up some FRER's

Did you test again?

Oooo know I asked before but Do you use opks or temp? I noticed sometimes I hit very faint lines when I neared ovulation. I know people swear up and down oh dies not trigger hcg tests but it has happened to me

Oooo know I asked before but Do you use opks or temp? I noticed sometimes I hit very faint lines when I neared ovulation. I know people swear up and down oh dies not trigger hcg tests but it has happened to me

Interesting, I do not do either. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->