New cycle, new techniques, new hope :)

mrs unicorn

Reaction score
Hi, this will be our 2nd cycle TTC (af arrived arrived a day early this month) and I'm feeling strangely positive! We have decided to make a few changes this cycle - I am not going to temp this month as I found it gave me false hope last cycle, and I won't be keeping a 'symptom' diary as it was all rubbish anyway! I will still do a few opk,s but luckily I am fairly regular so I have a good idea of when I Ov. The other thing we are going to try is pre-seed. I've found that since coming of bc 3 months ago I have less cm, it's there but thought we'd give this go anyway - might be fun!

What are you doing differently this cycle, anything to recommend? Anyone ditched temping or have experience with pre-seed?

Hi!! This is our third cycle ttc. The first two I was symptom spotting like crazy. The first month I had symptoms like fatigue, tender boobs, cramping, headache, achy knees but turns out I was unlucky enough to have my first anovulatory cycle during our first cycle of ttc lol. Then the second cycle I had extremely sore and tender breasts. Turns out I was pregnant but quickly had a chemical a few days later. So needless to say, both cycles I really thought I was pregnant.
This third cycle I am much more relaxed and have a "if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesnt" kind of attitude. The past two cycles kind of exhausted all of my emotions lol. I'm only using temping and opks to determine when I'm ovulating.

Hi Jaxie, so sorry about your mc, sounds like you have had a really tough start on your TTC journey :hugs: I've found it emotionally draining and it's just been the one month for us so I can't imagine how you must feel. I admire your positive attitude, the mind is a powerful tool so lots of positivity can only help things.

I hoped we would be one of those couples that it happens for first time - not that I actually know anyone who conceived first time. I have a tendency to obsess over things so now that's out of my system I want to be positive, happy, carefree and not be analysing every little thing. Well, that's the idea anyway, the TWW drives me crazy :lol: gona try and keep the crazy in a bottle this cycle!!!

We just finished our second cycle, and I too feel like we're (I haha) am less obsessed as time passes. I think the hints of worry about infertility are still there, but I think I tend to count myself out more then in at this point. I'm going to keep temping and doing OPKs because I like knowing that we did ovulate, and for the first couple of months it's nice to know when O day is since I've been on bcps for 12 years. I don't think I'd really subtract anything from our process, though I really gave up symptom spotting this cycle. I still track them but more of an interest of like I always seem to spot on CD27 and I always get a headache in the two days before O.

I always wonder if we become less obsessed or more obsessed with the TTC process as the months tick away. Half of me thinks charting is going to be boring by month 6, and yet I'm probably going to be worrying more if we're still not pregnant meaning I'm gonna want more data. The whole thing is exhausting lol

I got pregnant my first cycle using pre seed and only used it twice! I don't get EWCM so it was perfect for us...

@awnmyown I know what you mean about the niggling worry of infertility. I think DH worries more about it than I do, I try not to worry about something that might not be there (easier said than done). Also, two of his colleagues partners have sadly just had mc's so I know he will be worrying about that too. I tried to reassure him that it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong, however awful it is, they are unfortunately very common. We need to put all these worries to the back of our minds and try to enjoy the 'process' - as we always have done - just without bcp now!

@ltweety I have heard so many good things about pre-seed, I'm actually quite excited about trying it!! Sounds weird I know! Are you using it this time round too?

I will be next cycle. This cycle I'm supposed to be avoiding pregnancy because of my ectopic last month.

How is everyone? I've been trying to avoid thinking about babies for a few days, so haven't been on here much. I should Ov on Sunday so looking forward to this fertile window!
@ltweety when do you start your next cycle?

@awnmyown Just noticed we're cycle buddies! I like the percentage thing you have in your signature - it's good to see it increasing!

@jaxie how are you? Are you managing to keep calm and relaxed during this tww?

Hey Mrs. Unicorn, that's fun!! I love having cycle buddies, though it's hard not to be like "Did you test? How about yet? Now?" lol.

I really love the percentages; they keep me sane lol. It reminds me that I'm still on <--thisside of typical. And yes, it's great to see the number increasing. The whole 15% thing always seems kinda depressing to me; 15% is really low odds. And I'm not a gambler. But my math told me that every time you have a 15% chance, that means that your chances are actually increasing every time. When I found this --> https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/age_fertility_calculator.php
I was thrilled! Especially since you can scale it to your age :) I'm so ridiculous that I'm actually EXCITED to get up to 8 months because my odds are so high lol.

And Mrs. Unicorn, we're also age buddies!! I've an '82 hubby and I'm an '85 baby too!

Did you guys start trying in September too?? I noticed your charts start the same month as mine :) (This month mine suck bc I'm sick and there's no point temping when I can't breath through my nose and sleep for an hour at a time :p )

Oh yes, I didn't notice we were age buddies too, including the DH's too! Ahh yes I guess the 'have you tested yet' thing can be hard if you are trying hard not to test early. Promise I won't pester you!! I have no idea when I'll test this cycle, I'll try to wait but I have no willpower whatsoever - and a big bag of IC's! Haha!

Yeah 15% is so low isn't it. It amazes me that unplanned pregnancies actually happen! I love that though, I'll be checking that every month. But hopefully we won't get too far down that list. FX.

Aw, sorry you are not feeling well. I had a cold last cycle and it messed my temps up - they were high, gave me false hope. We actually only started TTC last cycle (Oct/Nov) September was just me practicing temping etc, so this is our second month trying. It feels like it's been ages though, I am so impatient! I guess after being on the pill since 16 and finally getting DH onboard with TTC, I am ready for it to happen yesterday!!

I'm hoping my next cycle starts today...waiting for AF to arrive. had a nice temp dip today so it's looking good

Hope you get back on track soon ltweety. And yes that temp dip looks promising!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->