New Forum: Pregnancy After A Loss

First of all, it's totally normal to feel nervous about another pregnancy if you've had a loss. It makes you hyper-aware too of your symptoms and any loss of them. But it's also important to know that stress and anxiety can mask pg symptoms, and make it seem like they've disappeared. Another possible reason is that symptoms can go away around this time because your hormones aren't sky-rocketing up anymore. If you look at an hCG graph, they typically start leveling off around 9 weeks and because your hormones aren't jumping drastically anymore, your body adjusts. So symptom loss isn't a for sure sign that your pregnancy is ending. One other note, not all women have symptoms daily and some don't have any at all. I know it's hard to think positively right now (believe me, I know. I've had several losses and my successful pregnancies have nearly all started with bleeding in the first tri.) but it's really all you can do. Try to relax as best you can and just take it easy. Statistically, if you've heard a heartbeat, the risk of miscarrying drops drastically. Yes, it's still possible to have a loss but the likelihood is considerably lessened. (Like less than 5% or something.) Hang in there. Do you have a doctor's appt coming up or an ultrasound scheduled? If not, maybe you could call your dr about having some blood tests done to make sure your hormones are still rising like they should or schedule an ultrasound for your peace of mind. My dr is great for getting me in whenever I feel I need to and it really does help get me through those panicky first months.

Hi everyone! Been ttc for about 7 months now and finally got my bfp on Oct 12th. But, a very short week later, it was gone. Bled a lot for about a week and started trying again right away. It's only been 2 and a half weeks, but I swear I'm pregnant again. I didn't have a lot of symptoms last time, just bloating and some irritability, and I felt completely back to normal a couple days after we lost it. But now all of those same symptoms are back along with a few more. I'm just wondering if it's possible to ovulate so quickly after an early miscarriage? I feel like my schedule is off and I don't know what to expect now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.:flower:

Amanda: I got pregnant 2 weeks after my miscarriage twice. Yes it is possible. I knew I was pregnant before I even got a positive results. My doc says some people are just very sensitive so they know right way.

I just had a chemical pregnancy January 21 and it lasted one day. Right away I ovulated and I think I am pregnant again. I'm pretty sure I am. I know my body. I just have to wait a couple weeks to take a hpt. I feel really scared that it will happen again. I just had my iud removed in December im wondering if that had anything to do with my cp since I got pregnant a week after removal

I'm sorry for your loss. And it's possible you are pg again but it's also possible this is just your hormones settling back down after not only the iud removal but your recent loss. It's normal either way. I've felt pg off and on for weeks after a loss and it's not uncommon for pg signs to show up as PMS symptoms for a few months after too. BUT I've also had a pg happen right after a loss without a period in between. I was very scared during that pg because I felt like I had gotten pg too soon and it didn't help that I ended up with some complications in the first tri. But LO hung in there and she's now a happy healthy 7 month old. I know it's scary to thing about another pregnancy after you've had a loss but hang in there. I know many many women who have had one miscarriage and gone on to have normal pregnancies after. Hopefully that's the case with you. Good luck and I hope that the next few weeks bring you the answer you are hoping for.

Congrats! And don't worry, it's normal to be scared after a loss. But the statistics are in your favor and you should have a healthy normal pregnancy. I know it's hard to feel that way right now but take it one day at a time and try and relax as best you can. Today you are pregnant and that's something to celebrate.

I've been there and I know how much it helps to have someone else cheering you on. So good luck and enjoy your pregnancy. Congrats again!

Hi All, I just got the news that I am expecting, I am so so nervous as I miscarried my first four months ago. I was reading your posts dairymomma and I do find that I am hyper aware of my symptoms. For the last few months I have been in the gym working out with cardio and weight training. Can anyone advise if I can still do this? I find it will help with my nerves. Have my doc on Wednesday but is there anything I should know or ask my doctor? Thanks folks xx

I lost my second child at 8.5 weeks and am now pregnant again. I did have a cycle before we tried again, as prescribed by the OB surgeon (I had a D&C). I can't help but worry I will lose this one too, as we have no idea why I miscarried before.

I know pregnancy after a loss is scary because I've been there more times than I care to think of as my signature shows. However, know that I am not the norm and the odds are fortunately in your favor. The statistics show that many many women have a loss but go on to have successful, complication-free pregnancies after that. I myself know at least a dozen women in my close network who have suffered pregnancy losses and haven't had any difficulty after. Just take it one day at a time and try to relax as best you can. Anxiety and nervousness is normal but stress isn't good for you or baby so try meditating, find a good book to read, go for a light walk, journal, just enjoy some sunshine....Do whatever you need to to stay peaceful. If it's too overwhelming, then talk to your doctor for more tips. Take it easy and enjoy this pregnancy. Congratulations and best of luck!

Just suffered a miscarriage last week. I want to start trying again right away, but can anyone tell me, will the doctor handle my pregnancy any differently after a loss? Will they do blood tests to confirm everything is rising as it should? Anything else I should know?

With my daughter I was paranoid of miscarriage practically the whole time. This time I was so relaxed and excited when I got my BFP. I really didn't think this was going to happen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->