New Forum: Pregnancy After A Loss

Hello Everyone!

We found out we are pregnant again. . . third time in the past 5 months, we lost the first two very early. This time around my pregnancy hormone level looks great and trippled over the past two days! I'm a bit worried though b/c the Dr said my progesterone went from 16 to 12, so she wants to test it again tomorrow and if it's not around 15 she will start me on progesterone. Has anyone had to deal with this?? When I lost the first two pregnancies my progesterone was around 19, so I am totally confused as to where I need it to have a healthy baby. . . I'm super nervous obviously after the losses.

Thanks!!! Lili

lili- hello!i m not exactly sure about it but i ve read online that they want you to be over 14 during the first trimester. but still i ve also read over 10 is ok although a little on the low side.did you get them tested again?

Yes, I was tested again and it was 12.8. I spoke with the fertility dr. and they started me on progesterone. I see him tomorrow for more bloodwork. I've been on progesterone for three days so I am hopeful it has gone up. I keep hearing different things about what it should be etc. Some people have said it fluctuates and that is okay and some people have had very low progesterone levels and been fine. I guess I better just try to understand that from the moment you become pregnant your life changes and you will forever worry about your bean.

Ow that is the only thing that is for sure hun!i m no expert but i d say dont worry too much about progesterone...as long as you re taking your meds it should be fine!!a happy and healthy 9 months!

How do I add the little ticker on my posts that shows how far along I am or the losses? I tried to make one and for some reason cannot figure this out!!! Any help would be appreciated. . . I could not get it on my signature. Thanks!

Also, the good news this time around is my HCG went from 708, 2300, to 6100 on Friday so it's doubling every 28 hours. Fingers crossed tomorrow brings more good news. . .

Wow your doubling times are super fast, how far along are you???if tou click on one of my tickers it will direct you to the site..create the ticker and then copy the code (make sure you choose the cide for the correct purpose ie:use for forums) and paste it into your sugnature! Dont know if i made any sense but i hope it works!good luck tomorrow i m sure you ll have more goid news to share with us!

Good News! Progesterone is now 16 :) They didn't check my HCG levels and told me to relax and come in for a scan on Dec 5th. . . I will try to be calm until then. . . I think people working with women who have had a loss need to really understand how crazy it makes us! Every day I wonder what is going on w/ the bean and pray that bean wants to fight to be sticky! When there is a glimmer of hope that things could work out after having a loss, it's the most exciting yet terrifying feeling! People do not understand why I am frantic when I call about bloodwork b/c they do not understand the agony of a loss. It's really frustrating and at a point when I am so sensitive, it makes it even more difficult. I texted my sister today telling her the progesterone went up to 16 and it looks like this bean is fighting and she said, "well thats good. . . ". . . Now, maybe it's just me being hormonal and sensitive, but that was NOT exactly the response I was hoping for from my sister who is also pregnant. It's just a much more difficult and emotional experience than I ever imagined as a young girl. I always thought when you were ready to get pregnant you would and boom it just all works out ha ha. I never thought I would have two losses , one ectopic, and feel such pain from the loss.

Anyways, I needed to vent! I hope everyone is doing well and I HOpe that my story can be a positive sign for people who are trying after a loss. I keep telling myself that my first two beans had a reason they couldn't stay w/ me and they wanted to take care of me as much as I wanted to take care of them.

I still cannot get the ticker to work, I tried copying and pasting into the signature and it's just a code that shows up, no cute little ticker., ha.

I have only had one loss. I could not imagine dealing with another, thats why i am so terrified to be TTC now. :cry:

I have only had one loss. I could not imagine dealing with another, thats why i am so terrified to be TTC now. :cry:

Hey yes it is terrifying but for me it was the only way to get back to fighting and living my life as i should...i felt that if i didnt try again i couldnt go on...but that is of course just me...have had 2 losses and i m pg now 14w2d. Bleeding started about 12 days ago but i go on hoping this is my sticky little bean. I m so sorry for your loss.

Hello Everyone!

I found out I'm pregnant on December 9th after suffering a loss in September. It was my first mc and I miscarried at 6 weeks. I am currently 5 weeks this pregnancy. I'm approaching the point in time in which I lost my previous baby. I have one daughter and with her I had every symptom in the book and I had it bad. With my mc I never felt pregnant at all. This time around I don't feel it either. Well I didn't until just a few days ago but it was still very mild. My symptoms are now going away again and that has me very concerned. I'm so afraid I'm going to miscarry again and I just don't think I could handle another loss. I live in Canada so my doctor really won't see me or address anything until 13 weeks. When I miscarried last time my hcg levels were not only dropping but for a 6 week pregnancy I was at the level of a 3 week pregnancy. My doctor has chuckled at my request to test my levels right now and doesn't seem to think it's a progesterone issue and refuses to test that either. I'm feeling extremely nervous and I feel as though I'm going to lose this one, but that may just be all in my head.

Italiana hello and i am very sorry to hear of your loss.however soon or late a mc is a horid experience to go throught. Just like you when i was pg with my ds i had loads of pg symptoms and the pg ran smoothly. With my next two pgs i too didnt feel anything.the first was a mmc at 12w and the 2nd a mc at 7w. I am now pg again 14w3d and havent had any symptoms again but the baby is fine (even though i bleed for 12d and it stopped yesterday). The only difference i can really find in this versus the previous 2 pgs is that with my mcs i just felt that i had lost the baby (before even seeing any nlood or having any pain with the 2nd mc i told my husband i am not pg anymore) while with this one i just feel inside that the baby is ok. Symptoms dont really mean much i think and they can ome and go at anytime, you are still way early to have them full force anyway. On the other hand if it will put your mind at ease i would just go do the b/w privately the cost shouldnt be too much.i know i did this 5 times with this pg even though they very doubling just fine the first two times!good luck hun and i hope everything turns out good for you, pm me anytime!

Good News! Progesterone is now 16 :) They didn't check my HCG levels and told me to relax and come in for a scan on Dec 5th. . . I will try to be calm until then. . . I think people working with women who have had a loss need to really understand how crazy it makes us! Every day I wonder what is going on w/ the bean and pray that bean wants to fight to be sticky! When there is a glimmer of hope that things could work out after having a loss, it's the most exciting yet terrifying feeling! People do not understand why I am frantic when I call about bloodwork b/c they do not understand the agony of a loss. It's really frustrating and at a point when I am so sensitive, it makes it even more difficult. I texted my sister today telling her the progesterone went up to 16 and it looks like this bean is fighting and she said, "well thats good. . . ". . . Now, maybe it's just me being hormonal and sensitive, but that was NOT exactly the response I was hoping for from my sister who is also pregnant. It's just a much more difficult and emotional experience than I ever imagined as a young girl. I always thought when you were ready to get pregnant you would and boom it just all works out ha ha. I never thought I would have two losses , one ectopic, and feel such pain from the loss.

Anyways, I needed to vent! I hope everyone is doing well and I HOpe that my story can be a positive sign for people who are trying after a loss. I keep telling myself that my first two beans had a reason they couldn't stay w/ me and they wanted to take care of me as much as I wanted to take care of them.

I still cannot get the ticker to work, I tried copying and pasting into the signature and it's just a code that shows up, no cute little ticker., ha.

Hi Kiki wan, (that's how my predictive text spells your name and I can't change it lol!) I understand how you feel and my sister is just the same. Completely unenthusiastic as she has never had any trouble with her pregnancies and I think she just thinks I fall down the stairs every time I lose a baby! I've had three losses and I'm on my 4th pregnancy now in ten months, no reason found apart from my immune system might be too strong and attacking the pregnancy hence why I'm on steroids to suppress it. Did you have any tests done? Are you on any treatment? Your betas are amazing btw! I think this is your sticky bean for sure!! X

Had a MC in June at 6 weeks. Now I'm 11weeks and 3 days pregnant. I'm showing a lot, which seems weird, and is annoying to hide, and feeling super queasy ALL THE TIME. Taking Diclectin which doesn't seem to help. I don't want to talk about this pregnancy because I'm so nervous which is hard because I totally look pregnant in clothes. My doctor says that after 10 weeks, there's only a 2% chance that anything goes wrong. And 1% after 12 weeks. It seems that nothing comforts me. My first MC was a silent one so I had absolutely no clue for about 3 weeks that the fetus had stopped growing. This is a very nerve wracking time. Each ultrasound we pray that the doctor says everything is ok. Been very lucky and have an amazing doctor (I'm in Canada) with an ultrasound machine in his office so I've had about 3 USs already. I'm hoping that after the 12 week US, which is in a week, I'll be able to relax. Once I can announce. That makes me nervous too. We told too many people the first time, because we were so excited, and then of course had to tell them all that i'd had a MC. That was therapeutic and horrible at the same time. Being queasy all the time is rough but reminds me that I'm still pregnant!

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Hey LiWi. Congratulations on your pregnancy hun! I know you re probably horrified about everything at the moment but your 12 week scan is so close now and everything has been looking good so far so i m pretty sure all is fine!!i was in your shoes a while ago, 4th time pg after 2 mcs and didnt want to tell a soul about it. Then i started bleeding at 12w4d and lost all hope plus had to tell everyone because we needed help with ds as i was put on bed rest.Despite all this i ll be 25 weeks on sunday, still on bed rest but i couldnt be happier! I still cant relax about it and i dont thinl i will until i have my dd in my arms safe and sound but i m thankful for every day that passes. Keep thinking positive hun, this WILL happen and you will have your rainbow baby in september!if you need to talk, vent or anything i m here for you! Congrats again!

Wow that is so Awesome Believe4 :) I went through a miscarriage last month and was so sad . But then i asked God to give me peace about it and he did. Im hoping for another pregnancy and know that its in Gods hands :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went for my dating scan on Friday and was told that there was no baby or fetal pole so i must have lost it during my bleed at 6 weeks. I went for a scan during the bleed which saw a heart beat so I assumed everything was ok. At my dating scan directly after giving me the bad news i was told that there was a gestational sac measuring at about 5 weeks and it contained a yolk sac so i could be pregnant again. Is this possible and has it happened to anyone else, I feel so lost and cant stand the not knowing. I am due for a scan in 10 days to see what is happening and see if im pregnant.

Its possible they misdiagnosed you , hasnt happened to me, hoping everything turns out good for you :)

Finally, after 1 MC.....I am unexpectantly PG after a loss just 2.5 months ago. We never thought it would be so soon because we were not TTC. But thank God.

I am very scared though and don't know if I should be happy or sad.

I am pregnant!!! Confirmed after pt done today BFP!

I am not so super excited as the first one as I am really scared now.

Hello all. I had a natural mc on 3/24/12 at 6wks. It was so devastating for everyone, but we decided to try again right away (with permission from my doc of course) and now i am 5wks 2days pregnant! i ovulated 2 1/2 wks after my miscarriage and got pregnant right away! YAY! I am really trying to relax and not stress. So far things seem to be going well except for cramping from implantation date and lasting about 2 weeks, but i can't help but freak out at every twinge or cramp. I run to the bathroom probably 5 times a day just to make sure i'm not bleeding...sigh. I have my first appt on May 15th. We have only told a couple of people because we are scared it will happen again. I guess we are going to tell everyone at 12wks but that feels like a lifetime away! So sorry for all your losses! Keep your head up and we will get through this!

I have had a devastating week. Me and my boyfriend had found out we were pregnant last week. We were so excited. I have had a couple surgeries to help with my endometriosis, and was told that I wasn't dropping eggs on a normal basis so I was so surprised and excited. A few days later I started to feel this horrible pain in my groin and pelvis on the left side that shot down my leg. I went to a local hospital, not the one I normally go to though, and they said that my levels were at 2000 but they couldn't see anything in the ultrasound in my uterus or tubes. They said to get checked in a couple days. But they treated me so horribly. It took forever to get into the room and see the doctor, the nurse had no idea what she was doing when it came to the catheter and put it in and took it out 4 times, mind you they had given me very little pain medication. The ultrasound tech was extremely insensitive and rude to me as well. The ob came down and tried to say I would only be about 4 weeks, but my last period was on March 29, so I knew i would have been over 5. I went home with some hope thinking it was just extreme growing pains because that is what the ob insisted. The next day I went to school to take my finals and this intense pain came soaring through my body all over again. All on the left side, in my pelvis and down my leg. I started to feel likeI was going to pass out. I called my boyfriend and told him I was going to the hospital (the one I normally go to). They didn't even blink an eye andI was in a room and the nurse and doctor were in there in no time. Gave me an Iv and pain meds, and got me ready for another ultra sound. They tried getting the results from the other hospital and they said they didn't have my file!!! I knew something went wrong when that was stated. The ultra sound tech at this hospital was very sweet and sensitive. She told me my beta went down to 683 and I already knew what was happening. I hadn't bled at all, but I knew. She almost instantly found the sac in the left tube. The surgeons came in, and of course I was crying my eyes out. I had to get emergency surgery, and they had to remove the tube because it was so scarred and the sac had swollen to the size of a golf ball. I wasn't bleeding because the bleeding was occurring inside. My boyfriend and I are devastated. I am trying to cope as best I can. I found out at that hospital that I was almost 6 weeks. I know it was early but I bonded and already had names planned out. Me and my boyfriend of course want to try again once I heal and am back on a normal ovulation schedule. I was hoping to get some reassurance from anyone this kind of thing has happened to. I know there are way to detect ectopic pregnancy early.. I am just scarred it will happen in the right tube and I will loose that one too, or I just won't be able to get pregnant. Am I overreacting? I am just having a hard time. Sorry I went on such a long rant. Advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->