New Forum Suggestion/Request

Bella1185

Reaction score
Hey Moderators!!

Have you considered starting an “Uncomfortable Question” (or something of that sort) forum here on babyandbump? I feel like bnb is such a supportive and overall uplifting community and I very very rarely see judgement towards any posters which is so lovely! It’s sort of a safe space in terms of the internet.

Even though I am married and a bit older at 33, whenever my friends (who are also married and old :haha:) and I get together, we make time for “UQS” or Uncomfortable Questions Sessions. It’s where we talk candidly between ourselves, knowing the information won’t be shared with others, about things that could be....awkward....or might get harsh judgement elsewhere. The categories are all over the place from “can you cook an egg in the microwave?” to “is it normal to want to divorce my husband when he has the man flu?” to anything and everything related to sex, pregnancy and babies. It’s time we all cherish, and I really think we could use something like that here on babyandbump!!

Plus, we know of the “other” ttc and pregnancy websites that are just so bitter and awful and nasty! I recently read on one of the “other” websites a post from a woman asking who could potentially be the father of her baby. While that isn’t a question some people are comfortable answering, you could see that she was clearly beside herself with worry and oh holy cow did she get some of the most vile and hostile replies - won’t even relay them, but it made me so sad for her as she had obviously nobody to turn to! On the same website I once saw a woman post about the potential of getting pregnant coming off birth control (common question?!!) and again the replies were terrible and insulting!! I don’t think we here at bnb are prone to acting that way...

Just something to perhaps consider? It could be useful for everyone from the new teenage members to the people who’ve been here since the start!

Thanks for your time! :flower:

What about starting a thread in the member only forums? I guess the problem will be they aren't so anonymous if it was in the public eye. Could be fun and serious?

I've never really seen 'silly' (we all ask them haha) or uncomfortable questions going crazy, well not without me virtually kicking butt! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->