New Here! 15 yr journey

jinxii

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to babyandbump but it looks like a great community. I think my sis is getting tired of talking pregnancy so it will be nice to have this group. My husband and I finally conceived after 15 years of trying (I have PCOS), and are due end of May. I am so ridiculously excited, but scared at the same time since I'm considered high risk. And unfortunately my husband was too excited to keep my secret so told EVERYONE practically the minute we found out. It definitely adds some stress since I'll have to tell everyone I am no longer pregnant if anything happens.. but I'm just trying to relax and enjoy it.

:) Congratulations and try to enjoy! So happy for you.

Wow! After 15 years, I'd say try and enjoy every moment of it, as much as you can. You deserve to be excited and have everyone be excited with you. :flower: And if, heaven forbid, the worst happens, just think, you'll have a lot of people to support you. :hugs:

A huge congratulations to you!!

Pregnancy can be scary but there is so much good to look forward to. :) We will all be rooting for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you. Embrace every moment of it!

Hi everyone! I'm new to babyandbump but it looks like a great community. I think my sis is getting tired of talking pregnancy so it will be nice to have this group. My husband and I finally conceived after 15 years of trying (I have PCOS), and are due end of May. I am so ridiculously excited, but scared at the same time since I'm considered high risk. And unfortunately my husband was too excited to keep my secret so told EVERYONE practically the minute we found out. It definitely adds some stress since I'll have to tell everyone I am no longer pregnant if anything happens.. but I'm just trying to relax and enjoy it.

Congratulations!! Fingers crossed! Xx welcome! I know its hard, but relax and enjoy! X

Welcome and congratulations! Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!

In regards to being cautiously excited, another member posted a quote this week and I thought it was amazing (it's now my daily mantra) "worrying won't prevent future sadness; it just takes away present joy"
So, enjoy every second of your pregnancy! :hugs:

Wow! Congratulations and a healthy pregnancy!! :)

Wow, 15 years, I'd have shouted it from the rooftops. A massive congrats to you and as PP said, that is a great mantra and one that i will now too adapt as I have had an early loss in the past and I am terrified to get excited about this pregnancy.

I hope that all goes well for you and wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months.

Congratulations! Very excited to follow your journey xxxx

That's brilliant
Congrats, nerves are normal
Try and enjoy it too xx
Massive congrats
U hve waited long enough, happy and healthy ten months 😊

Thank you everyone! As each day passes I get more confident that this pregnancy isn't going away. When I get my first ultrasound in 11 days I think it will help put my fears to rest. As far as having support if it goes wrong.. not so much. Some of my family have been downright nasty about this pregnancy, and saying I'm too old to be starting a family now. I'm almost 32!! I've been married to my husband since I was sixteen which is why we've been trying for so long. Sometimes it feels like us against the world, but that's okay.. it just makes us closer.

CONGRATULATIONS ♡♡ After 15 years I think I would have lost my mind!! Make sure to update us with scan pics!! Just to put something out there, you're NOT to old!! Goodness, there are women in their late 40s still having babies! Shame on them for not being as excited as you're specially for trying for so long! Welcome btw;)

Yeah, I figured I would try until I was 35 and then throw in the towel.. my older sis had her first when she was 32 as well! It's not that old at all. My husband is 45 though.. he is a bit scared about childrens energy level, haha. He is usually crashed out on the couch by 8PM. Lucky for him, I work from home so will be doing the majority of the baby raising.

I don't know if my hospital gives copies of the scan.. I hope so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->