New here, and looking for advice.

mgm

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
My older girl is going to be 6 next week (January 17), and the one time Lovely, well behaved girl, now acts naughty every time she can!
She talks me back, etc. She really acts like a teen....geez!, totally not looking forward for the teens years!
This behaviour has been like this the last 2 months?, not sure, but is recently.

Is this a phase? Any experimented mommy out there that want to give me her advice?

Have you sat her down and just asked why she's acting this way? Is she seeing something on TV or maybe hanging with a new group of girls at school? I'm sure it's just a phase- and if you are consistent and make sure she knows it's not OK behavior and reward the good behavior more so... then it should pass.

Honestly, I think the worst time with our 15yr old was right before her period started. She used to be this thick skinned girl who didn't care what anyone thought- including US at times, LOL. Very self assured and strong- and about 6mos before her first period came (around 12yrs old) she was this weepy ball of mess! It was tough. But it passed. Almost like a like switch went off. Thankfully. She was also very tough around 9-10yrs (she loved to argue with us about pretty much anything- and we just had to set boundaries and rules and stick to them and follow through consistently. Not always fun- but in time, it got better and better)- preteen starts early for sure. I've only been her mom since she was 9yrs- and our youngest is 15mos, so not sure about all the middle parts just yet ;) Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->