New here and need help please

julymum

Reaction score
Hi Girls,
We have a 2.5 year old son and are trying to conceive a girl in the next couple of months. I have been reading about diet/timing and other factors that can help you conceive a girl. It says to try to BD 3-4 days before you are to ovulate and I was thinking of getting an ovulation kit (with a circle and smiley face - i think its digital) to find out when i ovulate but the thing is i need to know 3-4 days BEFORE i ovulate so we can stop BDing, so my question is , How is the ovulation kit going to help me pin point 3-4 days before I ovulate? It will show me the smiley face when im ovulating and i guess will show the circle even if its a day before ovulation but how do i know i will ovulate in 3-4 days?. Sorry if i've confused you coz I'm confused myself. Hope someone here knows what I mean and can help me. Thanks a lot for reading and hope to hear some advice :)

Hi Girls,
We have a 2.5 year old son and are trying to conceive a girl in the next couple of months. I have been reading about diet/timing and other factors that can help you conceive a girl. It says to try to BD 3-4 days before you are to ovulate and I was thinking of getting an ovulation kit (with a circle and smiley face - i think its digital) to find out when i ovulate but the thing is i need to know 3-4 days BEFORE i ovulate so we can stop BDing, so my question is , How is the ovulation kit going to help me pin point 3-4 days before I ovulate? It will show me the smiley face when im ovulating and i guess will show the circle even if its a day before ovulation but how do i know i will ovulate in 3-4 days?. Sorry if i've confused you coz I'm confused myself. Hope someone here knows what I mean and can help me. Thanks a lot for reading and hope to hear some advice :)

Hi there :flower:

The thing about OPk's is, with some you have 12-24 hours notice and on others you have 24-48, some have up to 36 hours notice. You would just have to check all of the boxes in the store. Plus you could use them in conjunction with the digi.

I get a gradual build up before a positive, so that helps me out a lot. But if you get your surge all in one rush then that isn't going to work for you.

You could try increasing vaginal acidity to help get a girl, male sperm can't survive long in an acidic environment so if you happen to BD near OV then your chances would be better in getting a girl. Very few of us can predict OV to the day so this is tricky..:winkwink:

You could always opt out of OPKs and try the saliva-ferning kit. It's is even more accurate than OPK's and you will definitely see a change in ferning pattern that will give you the window that you need. Plussss, no dealing with pee until the hpt :winkwink: good luck and I hope that I was helpful.

BTW: you are going to need a kiddie microscope for saliva ferning. :thumbup:

charting ur bbt could help! most ppl usually ov same cd every month so charting a few months would show when u ov and u can start bd'ing 3-4 days when you expect to o' then keep up with ur ovulation tests to make sure it lines up with ur bbt. hope this helps! much luck baby dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->