New here and terrified and heartbroken any help please

Hopeful mama

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Amee I am a mom to my beautiful 14 and 1/2 year old daughter and my wonderful little guy who will be 8 years old next month. I have been with my significant other about 5 years. We took a pregnancy test on the 10th and got a big fat positive on both, we were so thrilled. My first day of my last period was either December 6 or 9. Earlier this evening I started feeling some lower abdominal cramping I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was some brownish red spotting. About an hour later I went in the bathroom and just wiped and there was some brighter blood no clots. I was worried so I went to the ER. They took blood and performed a abdominal and vaginal ultrasound. The Dr. came in and said she believes I miscarried, she said she saw no signs of life in my uterus and that my Hcg was low at 68. She also then performed a pelvic exam and said my cervix was closed and I was mildly bleeding. She said to contact my OBGYN to make sure I'm not having an ectopic pregnancy or that nothing else needs to be removed. I'm wondering if there is any way she is wrong, any hope that maybe the ultrasound showed nothing because it's too early in the pregnancy, I looked and 68 seemed like it could be an ok hcg level early. Has anyone gone through anything like this? Any hope of anything at all would be so appreciated. Thank you in advance.

It’s still early - I know red bleeding isn’t a good sign, but I had a scan at 5 weeks after some brown spotting and didn’t see anything, and yesterday had a scan at 7 weeks and saw a heartbeat. Ask for another blood test 48 hours from your last one - this will show if the numbers are doubling properly and will give you a clear answer about what’s happening. Unfortunately there isn’t anything anyone can do to stop it if you are going to miscarry - I’ve had several and know how heartbreaking they are - if your bleeding becomes heavy then I would guess that’s what’s happened but I would definitely ask for another blood test and possibly another scan at an early pregnancy unit depending on the blood test results.
Fingers crossed for you.

Hi hun,what are your cycles like?if i Based your cycle on a 28 day cycle and a period lasting 7 days. The 6th of was first day of last period then that would make you around 5+6 today. Did she see a sack and yolk? There have been many ladys that have had a scan around 5 weeks which showed no heart beat but was re scaned a week later and heart beat was there. Xx

I agree that a blood count is usually repeated.

Was the bleeding just spotting, did it stop? <3

Thanks ladies, I'm still crampy and light bleeding some. I put in a call to NY obgyn waiting to hear back. I'm hoping that the er was wrong because it's early still. I'm trying to keep good thoughts until my Dr confirms anything for me. The er ultrasound tech wasn't allowed to tell me anything and all the Dr said was there was no sign of life in my uterus and my hcg was low at 68 so she believes I miscarried or am ectopic. Please keep fingers crossed I just so hope they're wrong and it's just early....thanks again for the responses they are so appreciated right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->