• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New here and ttc age (nearly) 39 - hello :)

skaterwife

Reaction score
Hi, I have been having a look around your site and you all look nice and friendly, will try and work out my way around and where to post but in the mean time would be nice to say hello :)

I have been using CBFM for three months now and started to ttc number 5 this January so its been a little while now. have had two chemical pgs one in Feb and one this cycle just gone (was very sad) but hoping maybe this month is going to be lucky perhaps?

Im also charting (not very well though) hoping today was ov for me (peak on CBFM and opk yesterday) so i will be testing on Halloween ( no more super early testing for me after that chem last month) when i will be about 13 dpo.

I have three lovely teen daughters and after meeting my lovely DH 4 years ago we have our wonderful boy aged 20 months - one more would be the icing on the cake!

Hope to meet lots of you and make some new friends as this ttc journey is starting to feel a bit lonely, good luck to us all!

Hi ya and welcome! Sorry to hear about you're losses, I also had a chemical in June of this year and know how upsetting this is. One minute you are planning the 9 months for it to be snatched away just like that. Let's hope it's not too long before we get our healthy positives soon. I've also been charting the last 4 cycles and although it's good to see when you actually ovulated, I do find that it also can be stressful reading into signs and temp readings. I may not temp next month to give me a break of obsessing too much!! Anyway I wish you the best of luck , by the way I'm 39 and trying for number 4 xx

Welcome. I have been here for about a year. It is the most wonderful board for pregnancy and especially for support. There's so many questions that these wonderful women can answer for you and I just love it here.

I too have 4 children and am trying for my 5th and last. Me and my new husband had a little boy this June and I am 39 so we are on the ball for one more. Good luck to us all and hope you enjoy your time on here. I can't repeat how much that this is a WONDERFUL board.:dust::dust::dust:

Welcome aboard!
I'm 38 (39 in Nov) and I'm ttc no 4, have been trying for a year now. Am hoping we will get that :bfp:soon.
Fx your stay with us will be short!
Here's hoping we all get our :bfp:soon
:dust:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for that kind welcome :)

Its nice to see so many ladies in the same position as myself.
Lets hope we dont stay like that for too long though!

Hi and welcome, I too am new to this site me and OH have been ttc for 11 months now for our 1st child together. He has two from previous relationship had a vasectomy reversal last year. I love this site can chat to people get advice offer support - prevents you thinking you are crazy because you know its not just you feeling like this.

Hello, lovely to have you in the forum.
Wow - you ladies amaze me. Ttc no's 4 and 5 - what an inspiration you all are.
I am desperately ttc no 2 at age 41 and ttc for 22 months. Each month is such a big disappointment when AF arrives but I'm just gonna persevere. Like you Mrs H I've given up the CBFM for a while and trying 'au natural' lol
This forum is full of wonderful ladies with loads of experience, I hope you feel very welcome here.
xx

Welcome :flow:
I am not ACTIVLY trying YET but its not going to be long
I had a MC (spontaneous triplets) in dec 08
Mc Twin blighted ovums in June and then a chemical pregnancy in August.
After 3 miscarriages my doc ran some blood work and found a clotting disorder that we can work with so I will be TTC in Jan
But a miscarriage is a miscarriage and a baby is missed nontheless
I am sorry you had to go thru it, and hope that you gan get pregnant quickly and have a happy healthy full term baby
:flower:

Im keeping my fingers crossed for us all. Sadly i have become a bit of an expert having used in conjunction, cbfm,opks (both ic's and digi cb ones) and of course temping - think its the control freak in me i HAVE TO KNOW lol.

I noticed that two of you ladies are ttc after vasectomy reversals - how exciting (must be quite nervewracking too though) really really hope that you get the result you want very soon.

I was stopping at 3, my girls were all older and i was happily single at uni having a good time till DH came along :) suffice to say we are on :cloud9: having our darling son and he benefits from having 3 extra mums (can be a bit of a bunfight for a cuddle with him though!) I just think that when they leave home i feel a bit sorry for him if he doesnt have any siblings left to grow up with - all mine were much older than me and tbh i felt like an only child and it would be great if we could have just one more to complete our family.

I will be really happy with just him though dont get me wrong - i feel very grateful and blessed and i know there are alot of ladies on here who are struggling to have their first so i would feel like a bit of a fraud saying i was upset if we couldnt have anymore, I really wish i could go au naturel as we did with DS but i was 35 when he was conceived and im going to be 39 shortly so i reckon its time to put all concerted effort into having another one.

Last month was really sad, i have a terrible poas habit and it serves me right for starting to test at 8dpo - i did get a really faint positive and for the next three days on other tests but then they all turned to negative im not making the same mistake this month - 13 dpo is about right i think so a Halloween bfp might be on the cards.

Its really nice to see a dedicated over 35ttc board, its not so easy to conceive i guess and its really nice to have likeminded ladies to share the journey with.

Sukisam and mom23monkies so sorry for you losses x

Thanks, Its tough to go thru but you can get thru it and move on!
A future baby will never relplace that one but it can be done!
Good luck to you :flow:

hi everyone!
I just turned 38 and trying for our first child. My husband is only 28 and so I wanted to wait until he felt ready, and I own a couple of businessess so career has come first. We started loosly trying in February while on vacation, but we missed so many months. This is now my 2nd month of trying the sperm meets egg plan and monitoring everything.
Im hoping that I will be able to have 2 children, even if I go into my early 40's. My doctor says most of her patients are my age having children and its fine. I dont feel 38, but my body may be another story.
Good luck everyone, Im in the 2WW forum right now as Im 3/4 dpo, I have a group there that we do the 2 week wait together so feel free to join us.

hi everyone!
I just turned 38 and trying for our first child. My husband is only 28 and so I wanted to wait until he felt ready, and I own a couple of businessess so career has come first. We started loosly trying in February while on vacation, but we missed so many months. This is now my 2nd month of trying the sperm meets egg plan and monitoring everything.
Im hoping that I will be able to have 2 children, even if I go into my early 40's. My doctor says most of her patients are my age having children and its fine. I dont feel 38, but my body may be another story.
Good luck everyone, Im in the 2WW forum right now as Im 3/4 dpo, I have a group there that we do the 2 week wait together so feel free to join us.

Hi:flower:
I am 36 and my hubby is 30 and i want to have 2 children too, we have just started TTC:happydance: i wish us both lots of luck:hugs:

Hi, I have been having a look around your site and you all look nice and friendly, will try and work out my way around and where to post but in the mean time would be nice to say hello :)

I have been using CBFM for three months now and started to ttc number 5 this January so its been a little while now. have had two chemical pgs one in Feb and one this cycle just gone (was very sad) but hoping maybe this month is going to be lucky perhaps?

Im also charting (not very well though) hoping today was ov for me (peak on CBFM and opk yesterday) so i will be testing on Halloween ( no more super early testing for me after that chem last month) when i will be about 13 dpo.

I have three lovely teen daughters and after meeting my lovely DH 4 years ago we have our wonderful boy aged 20 months - one more would be the icing on the cake!

Hope to meet lots of you and make some new friends as this ttc journey is starting to feel a bit lonely, good luck to us all!

Hi, im new also:wave:

Im sooo excited:happydance:we have just started TTC.

Good luck to you:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"