New here...But not new to this...

ladypotter

Three Girls!!!
Reaction score
Hello, I just found out yesterday that I have had yet another Blighted Ovum. Makes me angry because they are supposed to be a fluke that won't happen more than one time. Well, I can say that they do!! ugh! I feel like such a failure as a woman...now, I know I have one daughter (lost two before her and now two after her) I am very proud of and plan to just focus on her for now, but it still hurts.

I have to call my doctor in a 1/2 hour to schedule the D&C so they can do genetic testing on the sac. I then have to set up another appointment for my husband and I to go through a whole round of genetic testing. The doctor suggested this even if we don't plan to have any more children because we may have something that we passed onto our Daughter which could cause HER to have fertility problems....GREAT!! Just something else for me to worry about!

Thanks for listening to my rant. I am sorry for all of your losses as I completely understand your sadness :-(

im so sorry for your loss. i too have a daughter but like you have suffered losses since...a bit different as mine were 4 natural m/c's but all the same still as painful emotionally :(
I hope the genetics come back all fine for you. I have heard it's quite unlikely to be an under lying problem, effects a small percentage of people, try not to worry, hard i know. These things are sent to test us, and boy they do!!
Im so grateful for my daughter and she keeps me going when im getting down. I hope things happen for you soon and you get some answers and a successful pregnancy soon
:hugs: xxx

So sorry to hear this....fingers crossed that your daughter's fertility will be fine. Maybe after the genetic testing they will be able to do something to help you have another healthy pregnancy and little one. I am surprised they haven't tested you before this. Keep us updated :hugs:

So sorry to hear this....fingers crossed that your daughter's fertility will be fine. Maybe after the genetic testing they will be able to do something to help you have another healthy pregnancy and little one. I am surprised they haven't tested you before this. Keep us updated :hugs:

Thanks. So far the only testing that was done after my second mc was some blood tests where they found a Protein S deficiency. I was on Progesterone and Baby Asprin when I found out I was pg with my Daughter. I thought maybe that is what saved her, but I was on the same regimen this time and it did not work. Now I am not sure. They retested the Proteiin S again this time and it was normal...:wacko: Now I just want to see what happens with these tests. I know if they all come back normal, we can chalk it up to bad luck, and DH and I will probably try again, but if it comes back that something is wrong, were done :cry:

Well, I have all kinds of PMA for you....I am praying that it is all just bad luck. :hugs:

genetic testing is traumatic after such a torturous event such as losing a pregnancy/child that is wanted. it requires strength from both you and your oh. i am sorry that you and oh have had to go through this double whammy. its just not fair that this has happened to you. my thoughts are with you. x

I am so sorry for your loss. It must be so hard going through this repeatedly, I know that only one Blighted Ovum has really hurt me. I wish you all the best for the future and hope the testing goes well! Try not to worry about the potential impacts on your daughter for now - you have enough to deal with xx

oh, I am so sorry to hear this :'(
I can honestly say I am gutted for you. You seem like such a lovely person and life is just so unfair sometimes.
I really do hope everything turns out ok for you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->