New Here:Looking for TTC Buddies

MommaBarry

Mommy of 3
Reaction score
Hello all!! My DF and I are TTC and we are keeping it a little secret :-$:-$ so im dying to talk to someone about it.

A little about myself. I am mother to a DS who is 8, and am trying TTC #2. This is our second cycle and today is the big OD. BD tonight so wish us luck and gl to all!!

good luck hun! Catch that eggy!
just ov'd myself so :dust: to the both of us!!

thank you! Nobody really knows we are ttc either, and if it wasn't for this site I would go mad! What made you keep ttc a secret?

There are a few reason we are keeping TTC a seceret. One is my DS, he wants a brother/sister so badly. I am 30 and dont want to disappoint him if it doesn't happen again. Secondly, I am a nursing student as well and my family would think im crazy for wanting to add another child to the mix :saywhat:

Why are you keeping TTC on the down low?

Hi all! I just O'd yesterday or the day before (that's when I got the + OPK)... so I'm close to you. I am keeping TTC on the downlow too just because I don't want everyone asking me every month "so are you pregnant yet" and adding more stress to it. Its my 3rd cycle trying and was kinda naive to all this before we started TTC...really thought it would happen the 1st time...:dohh:

When do you plan on testing?

Hello Kare!!!

I am right with you in testing....10 days :dust: good luck to you as well!!

Not feeling like it's going to happen for me this month. Im super super crampy :sad1: Guess the stress of my finals might have got the best of me.

I hope you get that BFP!!!

Cramping can be a sign of not AF but pregnancy so your not out! I hope you get that BFP as well! I really have no symptoms yet as I'm only 2/3dpo so I'm not reading into anything too much yet! It's so hard tho lol

It is hard. I remember with my first feeling cramps. Even after I got the BFP i still felt like AF was going to come any minute. I got pregnant again a few years later (angel baby) and before I even missed AF, my breast let me know I was again preggers. So for me, the boobs don't lie.

Do you use any apps on your phone to help with predicting OV?

There are a few reason we are keeping TTC a seceret. One is my DS, he wants a brother/sister so badly. I am 30 and dont want to disappoint him if it doesn't happen again. Secondly, I am a nursing student as well and my family would think im crazy for wanting to add another child to the mix :saywhat:

Why are you keeping TTC on the down low?

We knew that it would be a long and hard road to getting pregnant and didn't want the stress of people asking if we were pregnant all the time. Plus, our families are not supportive because they think that we should wait (DH's parents think that 40 is a perfect time to start a family, but with our fertility issues, that just wouldn't be a smart decision) plus we are starting a business and I am going to school.

Our families are just really not baby people. They just look at it like a ball and chain, in fact they make jokes about it all the time! DH and I just sit silently, because honestly we want a large family, born or adopted, which would never be accepted.

Ha I like that "the boobs don't lie"... :)

I've never been pregnant so I really have nothing to go off of for symptoms other then how I "normally" feel. I'm hoping once it happens I have a big symptom like that so I know.

I'm using digital OPKs to track my O date and I also have an app on my phone but only use that for fun. I track everything on a website called countdowntopregnancy.com. I really like their cycle calendars.

Keep me updated on your 2WW symptoms. I'm hoping to get some next week. :)

It is hard. I remember with my first feeling cramps. Even after I got the BFP i still felt like AF was going to come any minute. I got pregnant again a few years later (angel baby) and before I even missed AF, my breast let me know I was again preggers. So for me, the boobs don't lie.

Do you use any apps on your phone to help with predicting OV?

@lovinmyhubby. My hopes for you are a large, healthy family and a successful business.

I'm sure your family will come around once they see that sweet little angels face.

@Kare, I also use that website and on my phone I have the P and O tracker. Seems right on and I like that you can track your symptoms and BD on it.

Do either of you ladies have a recomendation on OPK? I have been trying to avoid using them as I feel I will become obsessed with peeing on a stick hehe. AF has been really abnormal for me latley, so tracking my O day is a bit tricky. For the last few months it was coming every other week. This is the first months I have gone almost a normal cycle without having a breakthrough period.

thanks so much for the good wishes, MommaBarry. Good luck in nursing school. I hope your finals went well.
I always used the OPK's from early-pregnancy-tests.com. They are super cheap and they also have conception packages that come with ovulation and pregnancy tests for a really good price. I stopped using OPK's because I was getting obsessed!

I use Menstrual Calendar app and you can track everything from BD days to temp so its nice. I've never heard of the P and O tracker but I guess since I found this one I kinda stopped looking.

So I use Clearblue digital OPK with the smiley faces. They are super expensive tho but I have pretty regular cycles so I only use about 4 of them a month. I test once a day. I really like them because there is NO guessing if its positive or not and for some reason seeing that smiley face just makes me happy LOL. You can buy it for cheaper on amazon too I've seen but usually forget and just end up buying it at the store.

So did you just go off the pill a few months ago or something? I had a period or breakthrough bleeding every 2 weeks about when I did so just curious? I hope your cycles regulate! Sounds like your getting closer.

@Kare, I also use that website and on my phone I have the P and O tracker. Seems right on and I like that you can track your symptoms and BD on it.

Do either of you ladies have a recomendation on OPK? I have been trying to avoid using them as I feel I will become obsessed with peeing on a stick hehe. AF has been really abnormal for me latley, so tracking my O day is a bit tricky. For the last few months it was coming every other week. This is the first months I have gone almost a normal cycle without having a breakthrough period.

My periods have been messed up for the past year. I finally found a pill to regulate them and my pharmacy quit carrying it. I tried the pill they claimed was just like the one I was on, but again was having AF show up every other week. It was in january we decided we just couldnt wait and wanted to add to our family so I stoped taking the pill.

My mother started going through the change early, 38, and was in menopause by 42. I seem to be following in her foot steps, but im only 30. Fingers crossed we can have a couple before AF really starts going wacko on me, hehe.

Oh wow that is really early to go into menopause! I hope the best for you!!

:bfp::dust::bfp:

Guess what i found out today?

Hi, brand new to the thread so I'm a little late to the party, but Congratulations! That is so exciting! And you found out so quickly too!

I'm on my first cycle TTC#2 and hoping that it will be the one and only. Fingers crossed on that one. :) CD16, may or may not have O'd today.

Thanks ladies!!

Today I was at work and noticed my bb's felt heavy, not to sore, just really heavy. (im small chested) On my lunch break I bought a test on a whim, since I wasnt going to actually test until sunday and, there it was, BFP!! After 3 more FRPT, a cheapie (didnt show the line as well, but still was positive) and a digital I was in shock since AF wasnt expected until next week.

Im still feeling crampy, like AF is coming, but im SUPER tired :sleep:

Of course now im scared since I did find out so early. I hope squishy sticks!!

:dust: your way ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->